Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Martha Raye.

Happy Birthday to this sharp witted, sharp tongued, Pretty and Beautiful goofball.  Would be One Hundred and Six years young today. Born August 27th, 1916. Butte Montana. Passed away, October 19th. 1994. Los Angeles California.

Thanks for that What's My Line. I particularly liked the Macy's/Gimbel's guys at the top of the show. 

I'd like to see the old Martha Raye shows, and also that telethon that she once hosted. Of course I love her particularly in Navy Blues (1941).

MV5BYTY5NjQ0YTItYjg4Yy00MzBkLTgwMzctNTU3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swithin said:

Thanks for that What's My Line. I particularly liked the Macy's/Gimbel's guys at the top of the show. 

I'd like to see the old Martha Raye shows, and also that telethon that she once hosted. Of course I love her particularly in Navy Blues (1941).

MV5BYTY5NjQ0YTItYjg4Yy00MzBkLTgwMzctNTU3

Absolutely! Have always been a Afficianado of this show. To the best of my knowledge this is the only time she was (a) mystery guest.  Further, I don't believe Ms Raye was ever on the panel.

Martha Raye made her film debut in RHYTHM ON THE RANGE in 1936, with Bing Crosby and Frances Farmer. She introduced the song "Mr. Paganini" in a number with Bazooka Bob Burns, Roy Rogers, and Louis Prima in the band.  She was 19 years old here. Amazing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BunnyWhit said:

I LOVE Martha Raye. I've always been partial to "Pig Foot Pete". Look how lovely she is -- that beautiful hair!

Yes Indeed. Some of the Bestest locks around. Yvonne De Carlo is another with Lovely Fair Hair.

• Like 1