Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Angelo Lavignino

a great unappreciated italian film composer. listen to his beautiful opening music to The Naked Maja followed by the most exceptional music ever to grace a monster movie, his opening music to Gorgo. 

his beautiful music reflects the theme of Gorgo which is a mother's love for it's offspring.

quite profound really.

• Like 1

What?! And no mention of Angelo Lavignino's politics here, NIP???...whatever they might've been.

(...hmmm, I dunno...you sure you're feelin' alright here, buddy?...you're startin' to worry me here, dude...now are you SURE you're feelin' okay???)

• Haha 1

closing narration from Gorgo...

"she turns back to the sea along with her young, distaining the pymies under her feet and leaving man himself to ponder the proud boast that he alone is lord of all creation."

those are great words.

:)

26 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

closing narration from Gorgo...

"she turns back to the sea along with her young, distaining the pymies under her feet and leaving man himself to ponder the proud boast that he alone is lord of all creation."

those are great words.

:)

Oh, I dunno. Nip. 

Gotta say though that what ya said HERE has now reminded me of somethin' I've been meaning to ask ya for quite a while now.

And that is: Do you know meaning of the term "purple prose"?

(...hope you're not now feelin' that I've been pickin' on ya here too much tonight...especially after that first post of mine to ya up there!)  ;) 

20 hours ago, Dargo said:

What?! And no mention of Angelo Lavignino's politics here, NIP???...whatever they might've been.

(...hmmm, I dunno...you sure you're feelin' alright here, buddy?...you're startin' to worry me here, dude...now are you SURE you're feelin' okay???)

Well considering he was born in Italy in 1909 I would wager he is sufficiently far right enough for Nipkow's tastes.

• Haha 3

His music for the sci-fi Gamma series (Wild Wild Planet, Snow Devils, War Between the Planets, War of the Planets) is awesome. I have the soundtrack CD.

Someone posted the track from Snow Devils on youtube.

• Haha 1