Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

John Waters on Real Time With Bill Maher.

John Waters talks about his book, his new star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, about becoming too "respectable" and what block on Santa Monica you go to pick up the right kind of gay prostitutes.  He is AWSOME!

Although I am slightly offended by his comments about one of my favorite places to get something eat at 2:30AM, OKI DOG , it's impossible to be mad at the guy. He is completely disarming and a national treasure. Long Live John Waters! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

I've just now watched the rest of this on YouTube, Moe, and can see why you've just posted it up to this point.

And because, while it got much more racy as it went along (this being a "family-oriented website" as they say) it also got even funnier and funnier, and showed Mr. Waters even more for being the extremely witty, interesting and entertaining man that he is, as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loved the story about Divine going to the L. A. premiere of Female Trouble in a garbage truck. John usually did a Provincetown premiere right after the Baltimore premiere for those early films and I was around for those. I remember Divine having to sneak into the balcony for an early premiere (I think for Multiple Maniacs) because there was still a local ordinance on the books about men in drag having to wear a certain amount of "mens" clothing. Needless to say, the town fathers came to their senses and that was rectified for future premieres, in which Divine had a place of honor.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've always considered Waters  to be someone who DOESN'T think outside of the box.  More accurately,  he's someone who's never thought anywhere NEAR any "box" close enough to be considered outside of it.  Meaning one has to have been INSIDE the box at some time to be able to think OUTSIDE of it.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

I've always considered Waters  to be someone who DOESN'T think outside of the box.  More accurately,  he's someone who's never thought anywhere NEAR any "box" close enough to be considered outside of it.  Meaning one has to have been INSIDE the box at some time to be able to think OUTSIDE of it.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Lemme guess here, Sepia.

This thought you've just presented here was partially inspired by that Amazon shipment delivered to your door this morning, right?!  ;)

(...so whadya order, ol' buddy?...anything FUN, or just some clothes)

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dargo said:

Lemme guess here, Sepia.

This thought you've just presented here was partially inspired by that Amazon shipment delivered to your door this morning, right?!  ;)

(...so whadya order, ol' buddy?...anything FUN, or just some clothes)

Two reproductions of Robert Crumb's  "Stoned Agin' " poster.

152008397_o2.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20200627

;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1