Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bullies are still harassing people online

"I got on Twitter specifically to rage about the death of my mom," she said. "I needed it. It became a room to scream into."

But she wasn't screaming into a void. When Ritz Sullivan publicly shared details of her mother's Covid death, online trolls pounced.

"I was called a 'f---ing clown,'" Ritz Sullivan said. "I was told my mom was never a real person. I was told that my mom probably had pre-existing conditions, so it 'didn't matter' that she died."

The experience has been disheartening. "People are just incredibly cruel," she said.

Democrats do this about all topics to get their way, they blamed Trump for Covid when it was China that spread it. They lied about Russian collusion for four years, and still harass Trump daily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Democrats do this about all topics to get their way, they blamed Trump for Covid when it was China that spread it. They lied about Russian collusion for four years, and still harass Trump daily.

Tell me, MM, do you see absolutely every news story through the prism of "Democrats are to blame for this"?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

"I got on Twitter specifically to rage about the death of my mom," she said. "I needed it. It became a room to scream into."

But she wasn't screaming into a void. When Ritz Sullivan publicly shared details of her mother's Covid death, online trolls pounced.

"I was called a 'f---ing clown,'" Ritz Sullivan said. "I was told my mom was never a real person. I was told that my mom probably had pre-existing conditions, so it 'didn't matter' that she died."

The experience has been disheartening. "People are just incredibly cruel," she said.

Both sides are guilty of political bullying. On social media they know who you are.

Political Cyberbullying

https://www.abc-clio.com/products/a5889c/

Politically motivated attacks are the newest type of aggression to erupt in the cyberworld, making Political Cyberbullying's analysis of the psychology of cyberbullying adult perpetrators, the effects on their victims, and ways we can reduce the damage an essential read.

To your point about the happiness of various groups, LUCKYDAN,   I spotted your interesting thread on the subject the other day,  but then had to leave --  when I came back, it seemed to have been pulled!   Or maybe it's been moved and I just can't find it.

26 minutes ago, lilypond said:

To your point about the happiness of various groups, LUCKYDAN,   I spotted your interesting thread on the subject the other day,  but then had to leave --  when I came back, it seemed to have been pulled!   Or maybe it's been moved and I just can't find it.

The moderators pulled it.

2 hours ago, TomJH said:

Tell me, MM, do you see absolutely every news story through the prism of "Democrats are to blame for this"?

Unless it is one that is favorable to Trump.  Otherwise, yes if it can be presented in a negative light.

3 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Unless it is one that is favorable to Trump.  Otherwise, yes if it can be presented in a negative light.

A little hypocritical that MM is trying to call Democrats bullies yet supports Donald Trump, the biggest bully on the block.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, TomJH said:

Tell me, MM, do you see absolutely every news story through the prism of "Democrats are to blame for this"?...who was it that ushered in an irrational hypersensitivity into our culture?...DEMOCRATS! :D

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

who was it that ushered in an irrational hypersensitivity into our culture?...DEMOCRATS!

No it wasn't The Democrats it actually was Reped-lick-can's* (Twump's) pollster Frank Luntz who came up with a lot of the negative branding, blame him.

The experience has been disheartening. "People are just incredibly cruel," she said...............

When Covid hit, "it just exploded," Eisen said. Online support groups in which people felt comfortable sharing their Covid stories were inundated with comments either denying Covid's existence or spewing hate.

"These groups are really sacred spaces," she said. "When there are trolls and bullies in there, it's so awful. It adds a layer of grief that we haven't seen before."

Covid in general has been highly polarizing in ways not often seen with other deadly illnesses, such as heart disease or cancer..............

:huh:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I really don't have much sympathy for someone that has the need to grief to strangers on a public  social media forum.     

Some people don’t really have many to turn to and losing a loved one to Covid is no joke. I get that some want attention but that isn’t an excuse for trolls to treat death like a joke.

10 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

Some people don’t really have many to turn to and losing a loved one to Covid is no joke. I get that some want attention but that isn’t an excuse for trolls to treat death like a joke.

Of course there is NO excuse for trolls and how they treated someone.      If someone is really that lonely than I can somewhat understand their desire to share with strangers at a social media forum.

But I admit I do wonder how often that is the case.  I'm very cynical about social media and therefor I tend to assume that most people using it are not lonely but instead seeking attention.    Of course maybe my assumptions are unfounded.     

PS:  and the complaining about how one is treated,   reeks to me as trying to get more attention.    Yea,   I'm cynical all right.    

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

People who has went through tragedies whether if it's a death or a natural disaster should not turn to strangers on the internet.  There are those i.e. scam artist who will take advantage of the situation whether for your heart or money.

If you don't have a family to turn to then seek counseling. Social media is a risky and sometimes a dangerous place to seek help.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lilypond said:

I didn't see the replies but I got a notification that you had responded or reacted and when I tapped on it, I got the takedown notice. It wasn't my intent to trigger anyone but I have to say it didn't surprise me that that's apparently what happened. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that it was 'disappeared' ,  LUCKYDAN.      It's refreshing (for me) to hear perspectives such as yours on here, even on the occasions I disagree.

I trust you'll remain undaunted....  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

People who has went through tragedies whether if it's a death or a natural disaster should not turn to strangers on the internet.  There are those i.e. scam artist who will take advantage of the situation whether for your heart or money.

If you don't have a family to turn to then seek counseling. Social media is a risky and sometimes a dangerous place to seek help.

While I do agree there are a lot of attention-seekers it is sad to think about the people being genuine about their grief and then getting endlessly trolled. :( 

12 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

While I do agree there are a lot of attention-seekers it is sad to think about the people being genuine about their grief and then getting endlessly trolled. :( 

Speaking of all that, did you see Chris Chan escaped from jail? (Not really, but maybe, and it would be funny if true)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sukhov said:

In my view, this sort of thing can almost once again be condensed down to one thought, and that being that we Americans have become a nation filled with far too many people who lack (and I apologize for using this recently coined term, but it seems to best fit the occasion here) "Adulting" or being "Adulted"

(...and btw, I ALSO believe that the people who have never "adulted" sit their juvenile-minded and juvenile-behaviored behinds, and in EQUAL messure here mind you, on BOTH sides of this vast political divide that we're all presently experiencing in this country)