Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yvonne De Carlo.

A Big Beautiful Happy Birthday to Margaret Yvonne Middleton. Better Known to one and all as Actress, Dancer, and Singer Yvonne De Carlo. Her Looks remind me of Debra Paget; while Her Persona, "Pizazz", and "Zing" often reminds me of Maureen O'Hara. Today, September 1st; this Beautiful Lady would be One Hundred. Born 1922. Vancouver Canada. Passed Away January 8th of 2007. Los Angeles California.

VERY (Very) Special Birthday Wishes and a Peck on the Cheek for You, Ms Lorena Dumont.

• Like 4

And she was recruited for the Broadway musical stage in Follies (1971), in which she originated the song "I'm Still Here", which every diva since then has taken a crack at. 

9d245f49d345978e3c27f552401a18b6[1].jpg

And let's not forget she married Moses in The Ten Commandments (1956).

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DougieB said:

And she was recruited for the Broadway musical stage in Follies (1971), in which she originated the song "I'm Still Here", which every diva since then has taken a crack at. 

Sorry, Dougie, but isn't this Alexis Smith on stage?

• Thanks 1

You're right. I chose it because there weren't a lot of color shots from the production.  It came up on an image search for Yvonne and I didn't catch it. I believe Yvonne is walking behind Alexis.  What can I say? 😉

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DougieB said:

You're right. I chose it because there weren't a lot of color shots from the production.  It came up on an image search for Yvonne and I didn't catch it. I believe Yvonne is walking behind Alexis.  What can I say? 😉

719ac36fcb7a912bf1cf9893db9b1410[1].jpg

Well, you might say 'Hey Alexis, looking good!" 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DougieB said:

And let's not forget she married Moses in The Ten Commandments (1956).

c8a46f65737151dc860fad8aca00f1e4[1].jpg

Is that the Beautiful Girls number???

39 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Sadly the films she made while under contract with Universal (as a rival to Maria Montez) don't show up on TCM. Maria's either!

That's a crummy and unfortunate happenstance.

Such a Talented Performer and Artist (imo). One of my Favourite Actresses. Ever

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Of course, we know millions will more remember her as Lillian.  ;) 

9301a2a6a0f493d5971f172375f37d11.jpg

Sepiatone

Upon further consideration and review; I think I'll assign a Placard/Subject Title to this picture of these two.  One that, Often Comes to mind in fact.

~ Now and Gwynne. ~

Though I've always been particularly and especially Partial to Beautiful Lilies myself.

• Haha 1

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 12.09.11 PM

She was a triple threat. She could dance, she could sing and she could do action sequences. In TOMAHAWK (1951) there is a scene where she has to outrun some natives. These are long shots where she rides up to and past the camera. On location, no studio process photography. These are not overly edited shots, either. They last anywhere from 30 to 45 seconds, longer takes which prove it is really her riding and not a stunt double. She's fearless and fast.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1