Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anne Jackson. and Raimonda Spina.

Two September 3rd Artistic/Performance Birthdays for two Special, Unique Ladies.

Anne Jackson - Performer of Stage, Screen, and Television; would be Ninety-Seven Years Young. Born 1925. Millvale Pennsylvania. Passed Away, April 12th of 2016 in Manhattan New York at the age of Ninety. Married (for Over Sixty Years!) to the Extraordinarily Unique Eli Wallach, from 1948 until his passing in 2014 (age Ninety-Nine). Most certainly not exhaustive, but I have yet to see a picture of these two where they look anything but Radiant - Beaming in each others presence. While I do not know at all (would be interested to hear from others upon this matter), I Hope their Marriage was one of Stability.

Irene Pap(p)as. Born Irene Lelekou (what a Pretty last name). This Lovely Lady was/is proficient and competent in acting, as well as singing. Born in 1926. Chiliomodi Greece. Papas is Still with us today at the Lovely age of Ninety-Six Years Young. Just a bit of random, specific, interpretive perspective here but I've often fancied that Ms Pappas bears resemblance to another Beautifully Unique Lady; Gina Lollobrigida. Though I might need a new glasses prescription. In fact, regardless of their visual similarities; Both Ladies starred alongside one-another in The Unfaithfuls of 1953.

Happy Birthday to You, You Lovely European Ladies!

3 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Two September 3rd Artistic/Performance Birthdays for two Special, Unique Ladies.

Anne Jackson - Performer of Stage, Screen, and Television; would be Ninety-Seven Years Young. Born 1925. Millvale Pennsylvania. Passed Away, April 12th of 2016 in Manhattan New York at the age of Ninety. Married (for Over Sixty Years!) to the Extraordinarily Unique Eli Wallach, from 1948 until his passing in 2014 (age Ninety-Nine). Most certainly not exhaustive, but I have yet to see a picture of these two where they look anything but Radiant - Beaming in each others presence. While I do not know at all (would be interested to hear from others upon this matter), I Hope their Marriage was one of Stability.

I knew Annie and Eli very well and worked with them many times.  They lived at 90 Riverside Drive, on 81st Street. I pass their building on my walks and think of them nearly every day.

sdut-file-in-this-april-27-1972-f-201608

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Swithin said:

I knew Annie and Eli very well and worked with them many times.  They lived at 90 Riverside Drive, on 81st Street. I pass their building on my walks and think of them nearly every day.

sdut-file-in-this-april-27-1972-f-201608

So Swithin why don't you write a book about these experiences...? I remember the anecdotes you mentioned about Mildred Natwick, and various others.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

So Swithin why don't you write a book about these experiences...? I remember the anecdotes you mentioned about Mildred Natwick, and various others.

It has been suggested, but I haven't got the inclination or discipline. I do still work in the field, to a lesser extent than I used to, and have used those experiences. Regarding Millie Natwick, I never actually worked with her but had a good friend who was close to her, so I met her a few times, including at a very pleasant dinner party.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swithin said:

I knew Annie and Eli very well and worked with them many times.  They lived at 90 Riverside Drive, on 81st Street.

I also grew up on the Upper West Side, and heard Eli Wallach speak in 2005 at the Barnes & Noble on Broadway and 82nd, upon the publication of his autobiography The Good, the Bad, and Me.  I knew he lived in the neighborhood, but didn't realize it was right down the street!  🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

I also grew up on the Upper West Side, and heard Eli Wallach speak in 2005 at the Barnes & Noble on Broadway and 82nd, upon the publication of his autobiography The Good, the Bad, and Me.  I knew he lived in the neighborhood, but didn't realize it was right down the street!  🙂

I remember when Eli was promoting that book. I saw him at a table in front of Zabar's.

We're lucky still to have that Barnes & Noble on the UWS. The one on the Upper East Side closed a few years ago. There are still a few others in Manhattan.