Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the best superman cartoon

NipkowDisc

it is of course filmation studio's 1960s cartoon series that debuted on CBS back in 1966.

thanks to the vocal talent of the man WHO IS the voice of Superman Budd Collyer. forget Kirk Allyn, George Reeves and Christopher Reeve because when you here Collyer's voice you know that's Superman. he was also the voice of superman in the 1940s max fleischer cartoons...

so I ordered a 2 DVD set of all 36 cartoons from walmart. it should arrive today.

:)

the show has some of the most fabulous dynamic music ever composed for anything by John Marion.

unfortunately that fabulous music was destroyed by Hallmark.

it must and should be recreated.

Great Scott! I got my 2-DVD set of superman cartoons today.  debuting back on CBS in 1966 Filmation's animated Superman was one of the first saturday morning big 3 network cartoons showcasing the exploits of a superhero. this was the superhero cartoon that thrilled me the most as a kid.

:)

I started high school in '66 and never got the chance to see the cartoons you mention.  My kid sister never watched them and God save me if I even ATTEMPTED to push my way into her TV time!  ;) 

MY favorite cartoon superhero when I was a kid was-----

;)  Sepiatone

but he's a f-----g mouse! I take superheroes seriously. the 2-dvd set I just got is only the first season I want the 2nd and 3rd seasons too so I ordered another 2-disc set. I want Luthor's Lethal Laser parts 1 and 2. Luthor and Brainiac hope to lure superman into a rocket and then shrink him but at the end Luthor and his cretinous sidekink Blinky get shrunk and Lois and Jimmy get to hold them. Filmation always payed attention to Lois Lane's fingernails. 

:D