Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the should thread

NipkowDisc

Start a "Resolved:" thread for the best "should" answers and invite people to take an affirmed or opposed side and support their arguments. 

Like one might be "Resolved: Joe Biden is a half-wit," to which someone might reply, "Against cuz no you are."

I can imagine some lively discussion like that.

Edit. I meant to start with, "Should there be a Resolved thread?"

Biden is faced with the same drug crises like every other past president,  

Fentanyl trafficking is no different from cocaine, meth, opium, etc.  Blaming Biden is ridiculous, the national drug control budget is estimated to hit a historic level of $42 billion during 2022. The largest increases in funding are requested to support drug treatment and drug prevention.

Drug Policy Facts

https://www.drugpolicyfacts.org/chapter/economics

2022fedspending02.jpg

I really enjoy when the Republican social media accounts post about yet another massive drug seizure at the border, and point to it as Biden's policy allowing drugs to enter the country, despite the fact that the report is about a drug seizure. Are they that clueless, or do they just think their supporters are? Judging by the OP, I'd guess the latter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

any question with 'should' in it should :D be posted here....

should joe biden be given credit for the uncontrolled influx of fentanyl into our country that is killing our people?

Fentanyl has been a major drug problem in the US for far longer than Biden presidency.  Note the huge number in 2018, during Trump's presidency.  If you wanted to, you could say that the huge increase was due to Trump based on numbers in the study below.

"Overdoses involving fentanyl and other synthetic opioids claimed more than 30,000 lives in 2018, a tenfold increase since 2013.Fatal overdoses involving synthetic opioids in the United States have increased dramatically, from approximately 3,000 [Obama] in 2013 to more than 30,000 in 2018 [Trump]. However, through 2017, these overdoses remained concentrated regionally, notably in Appalachia, the Midatlantic, and New England in the United States. Similarly, fatal overdoses in Canada are regionally concentrated."    https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB10091.html