Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

September 11.


Aritosthenes
 Share

Recommended Posts

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rudy-giuliani-roasted-saying-ways-221820694.html

 

   Ohh.. Look. It's Smuttmax.    Anybody care to share how in what way (the events of) September 11 could be a GOOD, "Happy", and/or Uplifting day?  I'll be darned if I can elicit a positive.  Jule's remark is Disgusting.  But honestly and sincerely, I'm open to alternative reasons for such a (seemingly) irreverent airhole remark.  I must say I do Not in fact have a clear remember where I was; nor what I was doing. I DO remember being glued to the television for.. probably more or less the next thirty-six hours or so.

   Condolences and Sympathies to Anyone around here (and Anywhere ftm) who lost Loved Ones, Friends, and/or Family on that day.  God Bless those; Past, Present, and Future - (in) Fiction, but Especially in the Non-fiction realm of Life; Who Actively Serve and Serve Actively with a Proactive, Moral Compass.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd guess that Rudy meant  it was "great" in the sense that it tested his mettle.  And like him or not(which I don't) it must be admitted he passed that test with flying colors. More so than our president(GWB).  

I well remember where I was when it happened.  I wasn't aware of what happened as I first turned on my tube at 11:30 that morning.  At first, seeing the smoke coming from the first tower and a scrawl on the bottom of the screen that merely said, "Aircraft collides with the World trade center in New York"  I thought it was a private craft.  I was wondering who in the hell couldn't see that building looming in front of them when after an hour or so of looking at the smoldering tower the station ran the footage it had of the actual collision did it become clear it was a commercial airliner.  

And it both baffled and amused me that any nation, or terrorist organization would think this entire nation would collapse because  a group of suicide hijackers knocked down a couple of skyscrapers.

Sepiatone

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

You should know, you make them all the time. Now what do you got to say?

1. Punctuality Helps.

2. You Amuse me.

3. You are Magnificently Admirably Naive, Gulible, and Hypocritical. Not to mention Predictable. (Which, wouldn't You know it.. ... I DID just mention.

Perhaps I typed that out in exactly that precise manner JUST for You to step in .. 😍🤔😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You like Stepping In Stuff ,?

 

 

 

 

     Apple ,? "🤲🍎"

Or actually. I'd imagine You prefer Bananas .. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rudy meant memorable day (and Sepiatone's test of mettle post) just used wrong wording. Interestingly on NGC during the election, BEFORE 9/11 it was stated people were suffering from "Giuliani fatigue" the reasoning why his lost the mayors re-election race. Don't mix timelines with recent events, he wasn't associated with Trump back then - as a lawyer.

 

I just notice the alternate footage of the plane hitting the second tower on NGC.

3:40 time frame (and still below)

 

Getting out of Afghanistan finally put this chapter behind us.

Remarkable how fast the area recovered from the attacks.

https://ny.curbed.com/2018/9/10/17838802/world-trade-center-nyc-construction-update

3_190907_17_40_53_5DSR6185.7.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

You should know, you make them all the time. Now what do you got to say?

Your also increasingly and consistently easy to read.

 

 

 

 

 

Unlike me.

😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Rudy meant memorable day (and Sepiatone's test of mettle post) just used wrong wording. Interestingly on NGC during the election, BEFORE 9/11 it was stated people were suffering from "Giuliani fatigue" the reasoning why his lost the mayors re-election race. Don't mix timelines with recent events, he wasn't associated with Trump back then - as a lawyer.

 

I just notice the alternate footage of the plane hitting the second tower on NGC.

3:40 time frame (and still below)

 

Getting out of Afghanistan finally put this chapter behind us.

Remarkable how fast the area recovered from the attacks.

https://ny.curbed.com/2018/9/10/17838802/world-trade-center-nyc-construction-update

3_190907_17_40_53_5DSR6185.7.jpg

Thank You Very Much for that perspective and observation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I'd guess that Rudy meant  it was "great" in the sense that it tested his mettle.  And like him or not(which I don't) it must be admitted he passed that test with flying colors. More so than our president(GWB).  

I well remember where I was when it happened.  I wasn't aware of what happened as I first turned on my tube at 11:30 that morning.  At first, seeing the smoke coming from the first tower and a scrawl on the bottom of the screen that merely said, "Aircraft collides with the World trade center in New York"  I thought it was a private craft.  I was wondering who in the hell couldn't see that building looming in front of them when after an hour or so of looking at the smoldering tower the station ran the footage it had of the actual collision did it become clear it was a commercial airliner.  

And it both baffled and amused me that any nation, or terrorist organization would think this entire nation would collapse because  a group of suicide hijackers knocked down a couple of skyscrapers.

Sepiatone

 

They greatly underestimated our resolve.  Terrorist learned nothing how we responded to Pearl Harbor.

 

Should be noted the twin towers were hated at the beginning (sort of grew on New Yorkers).  

https://gothamist.com/news/why-new-yorkers-couldnt-stand-the-twin-towers

 

A tidbit of history, it was the tightrope act by  Philippe Petit which put the Twin Towers on the map and help changed people's attitudes towards them.

AP_7408070154_web.jpg-_20alt_3D-AP_74080

AP_7408071327.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...