Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Information on Film Noir movies

Hello all. I am new to the group and I have some questions on some cardboard movie posters I found. I can find very little about either movie other than the one was done in 1949. I am looking for any info I can get on a movie titled "Girls Behind Bars" and another one around the same time titled, "Tombolo Girls".  Who directed, starred, etc.

Thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, losttreasures52 said:

Hello all. I am new to the group and I have some questions on some cardboard movie posters I found. I can find very little about either movie other than the one was done in 1949. I am looking for any info I can get on a movie titled "Girls Behind Bars" and another one around the same time titled, "Tombolo Girls".  Who directed, starred, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Welcome, but in the future try imdb.com or wikipedia.com.  Both should have the information if it is out there.  Then post any further questions here.  Not sure Tomobolo Girls qualifies as Noir.  Apparently Tombolo was a series of Italian movies.

Tombolo https://www.tvguide.com/movies/tombolo/cast/2000036157/

Girls Behind Bars:  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041678/

2 hours ago, losttreasures52 said:

Thanks for your help!

Both of the films are foreign films,  Girls Behind  Bars being  German (1949),  and Tombolo being Italian (1947).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, losttreasures52 said:

Yes I checked online and there was little information.  I knew Tombolo may be Italian when I looked up what the word meant.  Girls Behind Bars I had no idea was German. My posters are both in  English. Regardless, thanks for your help!

Cool that you have English posters of these foreign films.       Are they promo posters?       E.g. do they mention the films have English subtitles? 

I ask because I wonder if there was a marketing purpose in creating these posters.