Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ANOTHER MOVIE I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO IS REMOVED FROM SCHEDULE.

cody1949

It's very frustrating to see that on December 27 the movie "THIS THING CALLED LOVE" has been replaced by the old standby The Enchanted Cottage.This is not the first time they have pulled a Columbia Picture.One month ago I was very pleased to see it listed now it's gone.If it turns up eventually on perhaps a Columbia screwball comedy collection,I will be pleased.This happened with 'TOGETHER AGAIN".

Most likely it was pulled because Sony couldn't provide TCM with a digital tape in the format they use. This has happened with a number of Columbia titles that Sony distributes. At least it was taken off the schedule in advance and not at the last minute.

Someone posted recently that "This Thing Called Love" had some rights issue that had kept it off TV for years (although I do recall seeing it on a local channel in the late 1970's or early 1980's). Perhaps there is still some problem with it and TCM had to pull it from the schedule for that reason.

A big dropped movie disappointment for me came when the 1933 Columbia movie "The Woman I Stole" was replaced on the Oct. 15 schedule. As usual in these cases it was on the schedule three months ago. Although I'd seen it once before years ago in a theater as part of a "Columbia Before the Code" series, it had never been on TCM before and I was looking forward to seeing it again.

Who knows if or when it will ever be rescheduled?

> {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}

> Someone posted recently that "This Thing Called Love" had some rights issue that had kept it off TV for years (although I do recall seeing it on a local channel in the late 1970's or early 1980's). Perhaps there is still some problem with it and TCM had to pull it from the schedule for that reason.

>

> A big dropped movie disappointment for me came when the 1933 Columbia movie "The Woman I Stole" was replaced on the Oct. 15 schedule. As usual in these cases it was on the schedule three months ago. Although I'd seen it once before years ago in a theater as part of a "Columbia Before the Code" series, it had never been on TCM before and I was looking forward to seeing it again.

> Who knows if or when it will ever be rescheduled?

"*The Woman I Stole*" was still on the schedule as of a week or so ago, as I set my DISH DVR to record it...imagine my joy in seeing instead, *the Adventures of Dobie Gillis* ! :(

Edited by: ziggyelman on Oct 18, 2009 6:09 AM

*The Affairs of Dobie Gillis* is on my monthly schedule that I downloaded from TCM the last week of September. However, I also distinctly recall seeing *The Woman I Stole* on the box guide.

That having been said, the box guide (DirecTV) claimed that the movie in the *I Married a Monster From Outer Space* slot was the [1998 TV Movie *I Married a Monster*|http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0162999/]

As for the poster who said *Deception* was removed from the schedule, I did a search of the document I've got the monthly schedule in, and it doesn't show up. It sounds like TCM switched the movies sometime in September, but the companies responsible for the box guides never got the information.