Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LAST MINUTE ALERT TO GOOD "MANNIX" EPISODE 7:00 P.M. EASTERN FETV ( CH. 323 ON DIRECTV SYSTEM) THURSDAY

lilypond

Sorry for the lateness of this.  Because the writing  on Mannix episodes tends to be so uneven, (and I love Mannix nevertheless),  I try to alert the really good ones where it all comes together.

"Voice in the Dark"--     7:00 p.m. Eastern FETV  Thursday          Very fun, suspenseful episode with Carol Lynley, Robert Reed, and silver-haired character player Byron Morrow, who usually plays benign generals or dynamic tycoons....

Carol Lynley is a former Olympic caliber diving champ, who was disabled after a fiery car crash.  She's resigned to living in a wheel chair in a plush but lonely apartment up in the sky.    Some diabolical entity is calling her and levelling increasingly frightening threats against her life--  there's even evidence that he's been in her supposedly heavily secured apartment....

Carol Lynley is her usual wan, lovely self,  scared and stubborn at the same time.  Her plight brings out Mannix's warm, thoughtful, protective side, esp. as events spiral out of control.    Love to see Robert Reed in his sporadic police lieutenant role with Mannix-- they have an amusing, mildly testy but respectful relationship.

Oh well, no one will see this, but for Mannix fans, this one's a must.   Even her apartment decor is a rich whirl of the atmospheric 70's..... 

• Like 1

• lilypond changed the title to LAST MINUTE ALERT TO GOOD "MANNIX" EPISODE 7:00 P.M. EASTERN FETV ( CH. 323 ON DIRECTV SYSTEM) THURSDAY

I'd forgotten they had lots of entertaining "Peggy content" in this episode too.  A "Mannix" episode isn't complete unless there's a certain amount of banter between Mannix and Peggy.

Good ones coming up in Season 5:     "Cold Trail";     "A Step in Time";   "Moving Target".

And tonight,  Sunday, is another excellent (award-winning) episode of "Mannix" that I referenced above--   "A Step in Time".

7:00 p.m. Eastern, Sunday,  FETV--   "A Step in Time"        Mannix is jogging in a tony, oceanside neighborhood, when he sees a woman being assaulted running from her house.  But, it seems her actual murder happened a year before.......(?).          Terrific, showy role for talented Dean Stockwell, as the bereaved, traumatized husband.   Shelley Fabares is his concerned sister,  and Mannix must somehow unravel the narrative knots and tangles ...

7 minutes ago, lilypond said:

And tonight,  Sunday, is another excellent (award-winning) episode of "Mannix" that I referenced above--   "A Step in Time".

7:00 p.m. Eastern, Sunday,  FETV--   "A Step in Time"        Mannix is jogging in a tony, oceanside neighborhood, when he sees a woman being assaulted running from her house.  But, it seems her actual murder happened a year before.......(?).          Terrific, showy role for talented Dean Stockwell, as the bereaved, traumatized husband.   Shelley Fabares is his concerned sister,  and Mannix must somehow unravel the narrative knots and tangles ...

MeTV aired that right after Dean died. Nice twist!

• Like 1