Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When Worlds Collide (1951)

Janet0312

When Worlds Collide (1951) Derr, Richard; Rush, Barbara; Hansen, Peter; (and 7 others) Action; Sci-Fi; Thriller 83 min Maté, Rudolph Balmer, Edwin; Boehm, Sydney; Wylie, Philip Stevens, Leith Greene, W. Howard; Seitz, John F. Paramount Pictures [us] USA 6.7 5603 2020-02 Shown(1

When Worlds Collide is being shown as part of presentations to recognize Barbara Rush.   Preceded at 8:00 PM, 09/24 by It Came From Outer Space.  I recall having seen When Worlds Collide, but she is better in Outer Space.  Sort of plays two roles.

Must have seen When Worlds Collide on TCM because it is not on one of my SciFy DVD sets.  Not really impressed with it as I recall.  It Came From Outer Space is a better movie in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The major takeaway message in When Worlds Collide that I get is: Have skills absolutely and strictly essential for starting a civilization.

WANTED: Scientists, engineers, architects, construction workers, electricians, mechanics, medical professionals, dentists, educators, farmers, gardeners, chefs, and cooks; tailors, seamstresses, cobblers -- and of course, courtesans, concubines, and harlots (all work and no play, don't 'cha know!).

PREPARE TO KISS BELLUS "HELLO!" (and your useless posterior "Good-bye!"): Politicians, lawyers, bankers, brokers, and financial advisors; artists, poets, actors, musicians, singers, and dancers -- entertainers in general; professional athletes and personal trainers (except those who can be used as laborers);  professional critics, reviewers, and commentators; marketers, advertisers, insurance salesmen, and clergy; fashion designers and fashionistas; "influencers," celebrities, royals . . . and Madonna.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"It Came From Outer Space"  I 'am watching it right now,I have seen it many many years ago,I could swear it was in color..well it is in black & white,.the first 3d release by Universal ,Big mistake  to release a movie in 1953 during the 3D mania  in black & white,my first &w 3D film....

I think "It Came" has been shown on Svengoolie, where I enjoyed seeing it. It's not perfect, but it's maybe a cut above similar flicks of the era. Sven jokingly pointed out how Barbara screams quite a bit--when a boy in a space suit knocks on her door, for instance.  She kind of yells when she screams. It's pretty funny!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

No doubt; me too.  In fact, when it came on TV it was almost an event movie broadcast.  Back in the days of 7 channels and UHF spinning (so bored)...

SEVEN channels?  I remember seeing it on a late, late show presentation back when there were only THREE channels(four in Detroit due to proximity to Ontario, Canada)  and two UHF channels.  "Round here anyway.

Sepiatone

forgive me, i know this is bad of me, but i started watching WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE this morning, but I just wasn't quite into it and also it was giving me DONT LOOK UP flashbacks, so I turned it off.

i'm not really in the mood for the end of the world right now, more in the mood for dog training/jello recipes on youtube.

forgiveness.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

SEVEN channels?  I remember seeing it on a late, late show presentation back when there were only THREE channels(four in Detroit due to proximity to Ontario, Canada)  and two UHF channels.  "Round here anyway.

Sepiatone

When in junior high school, we had two channels - one CBS and one splitting between ABC and NBC.  Then there were three channels.  No UHF and not sure when PBS came in.