Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would you consider this film of the horror genre ?

MovieMuze

I bought the 50 Classic Horror film set awhile back & Metropolis is on there ! While I love this great Silent, I would not include it on a Horror set, would you ? On this topic, of the 50 films, I would say I enjoyed 20 -25 or so, as to me, there are 25-30 duds on it. It does have some Classics such as Nosferatu, Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde(W/ Barrymore), Phantom of the Opera(Chaney), House On Haunted Hill, The Hunchback Of Notre Dame(Chaney), White Zombie, amongst others.

I agree it is a SciFi Classic & I can see your point, thanks, re: the Mad Scientist, & tho' it's been a few years since I have pulled the tape out, I think that's about the only element to classify it as quasi horror! Not at all a big deal as now I have it on DVD, but found it curious as to their classification.

I'm of the opinion that METROPOLIS is a sci-fi film not a horror movie. I wouldn't consider it a horror film just because somebody put it in a set called 50 Classic Horror Films. No doubt the manufacturer of that set included it just to reach the 50 count.

A film like METROPOLIS doesn't deserve to be lumped in with all those other public domain films. The best way to see it is the restored version released by Kino.