Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

tell-all book about Carrie Fisher by british writer Sheila Weller

NipkowDisc

a new book about the life of carrie fisher by some british authoress named sheila weller which has been disowned by carrie's daughter's father Lourd and Billie Lourd. (like who cares?) she claims alotta sh !t like paul simon was very cold to carrie when she was in the hospital dealing with the surgery and trauma of her ectopic pregnancy which devastated her and caused simon to divorce her. according to weller paul simon found out that carrie was having nighttime sex visits with Harrison Ford. she also says besides his moonlighting carpentry work Ford was selling drugs for extra cash. she also says that druggie carrie smoked pot with Harrison Ford and snorted coke with John Belushi. she refused lithium treatment for herself preferring to self-medicate with opiates. 

Carrie Fisher, Princess Leia in original 'Star Wars' movie, dies at 60 |  The Spokesman-Review

• Like 1

Didn't Carrie say she did so much coke even Belushi thought she had a drug problem?   I remember her saying something to that effect. 

ALSO:  Carrie herself said she and Harrison Ford were fooling around off the set of 'STAR WARS' when they were making the movie in '76. 

• Like 1

Interesting that some "tell all' books are written/published after the subject of the biography is dead.

One example: Mommie Dearest

I take with a grain of salt any of the "tell all" genre.

More to the point, dead folks aren't around to refute the accusations..

• Like 1

I find MOMMIE DEAREST a bit easier to buy due to it's been written by the victim of Crawford's alleged abuse.  But when people write "tell all" books about people that are long dead and those authors seem to have no connection to the people they're writing about, well, I'm very dubious about any authenticity.  Like with all those unknown and nobody women who, ten years after his death, come along and claim once having dalliances with JFK.  With no proof other than their say so.  And that people swallow that swill is what gets me.

Sepiatone

16 hours ago, Arteesto said:

Interesting that some "tell all' books are written/published after the subject of the biography is dead.

One example: Mommie Dearest

I take with a grain of salt any of the "tell all" genre.

More to the point, dead folks aren't around to refute the accusations..

"tell all" sounds like a misnomer to me because "tell all" should be told by the celebrity who's telling all

• Thanks 1

Sounds like stuff she openly talked about many times when she was alive.

And the stories of Harrison Ford parlaying his low-level drug dealing hustle into an acting career are also the stuff of Hollywood legend. 

Nothing new here, as far as I can see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what would possess Harrison Ford to sell drugs on the side, gack.   If true, somehow does not surprise.   No appeal.

Turbulent Carrie had a lot of talent and could spin a fascinating tale.  She could have written more.  Had a certain gallant black humor,  and a bit of an 'elfin' quality like Garland.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lilypond said:

I wonder what would possess Harrison Ford to sell drugs on the side

This was during the 60's and early 70's. His acting career kind of sputtered along for a while, but he still had to do construction to make ends meet, and also sold pot on the side. Maybe more, but I've never seen more detail. It was the Hippie era so drug culture was hip. It opened a lot of doors for him, and he became a well-known social-scene fixture, which led to bigger roles and eventually Star Wars. No side hustles needed after that, although he's always struck me as someone who still enjoys some recreational drugs on occasion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lilypond said:

I wonder what would possess Harrison Ford to sell drugs on the side, gack.   If true, somehow does not surprise.   No appeal.

Turbulent Carrie had a lot of talent and could spin a fascinating tale.  She could have written more.  Had a certain gallant black humor,  and a bit of an 'elfin' quality like Garland.

When you say drugs maybe you're little over the top.  Kids in college were smoking marijuana in the late 60s and 70s. So somebody had to buy it from somebody. Allegedly Laura Bush was even selling it where she went to school in Texas.

When I was in college, the State Attorney General would raid the dorms for political publicity to catch marijuana smokers and sellers.

But whoever was on the reception desk did that Paul Revere thing and no one was ever arrested.This guy thought it would make him the next governor but it didn't work out that way. Turns out college students were voting by then anyway and our parents thought that he should have gone after some real criminals and leave the college students alone.  🤨🤨🤨

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lilypond said:

Having worked in the field of substance abuse for decades,  I'm moderately familiar with the terrain, and all the arguments.   Don't care for drug sellers.  

How do you feel about the spirits industry? Whether they are selling Budweiser or Bordeaux, these substances can be abused the same way and manner as any drug. They can destroy the body and mind as well as any drugs. The only difference with these substances is that they are legal and taxed by government.

In my lifetime, some of the most pathetic and saddest substance abusers I've ever seen had to do with alcohol.

Whether a mind altering substance is legal or not --if a person abuses it; it's a tragedy.

A seller isn't really responsible for all personal choices or a lack of personal discipline or responsibility. 

I can sell rat poison, to kill rats. If a person wants to take rat poison, I don't think it's the seller's fault.