Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All About Alice (1972)

Ryn

Bad acting and an even worse Bette Davis impersonation. It made me appreciate what a great film "All About Eve" is. If it was supposed to be a camp spoof it failed. The only good joke in the film was the Ann Miller Tap Room where a drag queen impersonating Ann Miller greets customers - you guessed it - tapping. 

• Like 2

I recorded it and just watched it. I'd never even heard of it or this group of people, who seem to have been pretty busy. The clip you posted referenced the Kuchar Brothers and I can see that. Also John Waters from his Dreamland Studios days. But there wasn't any of Waters' cleverness or ironic perspective; they seemed to be taking it all too seriously and that's deadly for this kind of stuff. Maybe there was some kind of West Coast vs. East Coast dynamic going on and they were too close to the industry to do any kind of radical departure the way certain East Coast filmmakers did. But I'm actually glad I saw it and would be interested in seeing more of their movies. It was totally amateurish but it kept me watching.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DougieB said:

I recorded it and just watched it. I'd never even heard of it or this group of people, who seem to have been pretty busy. The clip you posted referenced the Kuchar Brothers and I can see that. Also John Waters from his Dreamland Studios days. But there wasn't any of Waters' cleverness or ironic perspective; they seemed to be taking it all too seriously and that's deadly for this kind of stuff. Maybe there was some kind of West Coast vs. East Coast dynamic going on and they were too close to the industry to do any kind of radical departure the way certain East Coast filmmakers did. But I'm actually glad I saw it and would be interested in seeing more of their movies. It was totally amateurish but it kept me watching.

I'm curious to see them too

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2022 at 5:26 PM, DougieB said:

Thought I'd post this because it gives some good background information about the group. I'd like to see more of their films.

I love to see these films- Elizabeth Purchell does an excellent pod cast about gay erotic films called "Ask Any Buddy" a must listen if you are interest in the sunject

• Like 1

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings