Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Summer Under The Stars 2008 Promo Help!

charliechaplin101

Hello everyone, I have a very specific request. 

I started a love for classic films at age 11, and it all started with TCM’s Summer Under the Stars 2008. I watched all August and was enthralled. I quickly began collecting films and watched TCM every day. I haven’t used this message board in about 10 years (do not look at my old comments haha), I loved and was very active during the days of the TCM Classic Film Union. I’m applying to a film restoration graduate program soon, and I am finding myself looking back on my early days of discovering my passion. 

I have very specific memories of TCM’s promos for 2008’s SUTS. One in particular. It was generic stock music and was rather short. For a while it was on TCM’s video player, but it has been removed now. I’m not sure if any of you would have it, in recordings taped off of the network, on the internet, or otherwise. I have scoured the internet looking and still can’t find it. So, everyone, what do you say, does anyone think they have the key to unlock my childhood memory? 

I've spent some time looking at the TCM web pages from the past using the Internet Wayback source to see if what you are looking for is available.  Unfortunately during the period in question TCM was basing much of their content on the now-obsolete Flash extension.  I tried adding back a Flash emulator to a browser, but the content does not play properly.  The hope remains that someone may have made a copy during this period that is in a playable form.  I see that YouTube has a similar promo for 31 Days of Oscar in 2008, so perhaps SUTS will one day show up.  Sorry I couldn't provide a solution for you.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, charliechaplin101 said:

I have very specific memories of TCM’s promos for 2008’s SUTS. One in particular. It was generic stock music and was rather short.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but at the 3:20 point in the video below, there is an extremely short promo for the 2008 Summer Under The Stars with stock music.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cmovieviewer said:

I've spent some time looking at the TCM web pages from the past using the Internet Wayback source to see if what you are looking for is available.  Unfortunately during the period in question TCM was basing much of their content on the now-obsolete Flash extension.  I tried adding back a Flash emulator to a browser, but the content does not play properly.  The hope remains that someone may have made a copy during this period that is in a playable form.  I see that YouTube has a similar promo for 31 Days of Oscar in 2008, so perhaps SUTS will one day show up.  Sorry I couldn't provide a solution for you.

Thank you so very much for your efforts, I truly appreciate it! Seriously I am very thankful for your kindness! 

8 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

I hope these is what you're looking for...

These are almost EXACTLY what I was looking for. I can’t believe you’ve found these. The Charlie Chaplin promo is the EXACT NIGHT I started my passion for film! This is going to sound crazy but seeing that promo just made me cry, I am so very thankful to you for this. Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings