Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WAXing Nostalgic

NoShear

For Peebs...

The Capitol Records semi-soundtrack to "A Hard Day's Night" was a rush-release response to the United Artists soundtrack proper: 

LTE1NTkuanBlZw.jpeg           

My father, counting the album among his collection, would sometimes take the family into Hollywood for special movie releases. On occasion, there would be some time to occupy prior to admittances, and a visit to the Hollywood Wax Museum was one of those fillers. It was the museum's waxy take on the cover photo of SOMETHING NEW SOMETHING NEW which left its most indelible impression on me and may have preceded the following which will be fifty years ago this next month:

R.3b676521923169a93a532a4642672b07?rik=tqbv3UL%2fMP6Tfg&riu=http%3a%2f%2fphotos.cinematreasures.org%2fproduction%2fphotos%2f258065%2f1539898729%2flarge.jpg%3f1539898729&ehk=EevW1R5Kr9ibkQWP5nHVeXP1c2LYpioSZcIsDGCrC%2fM%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0                              

Speaking of film and Capitol Records, I still remember standing on Hollywood and Vine as a kid during the Christmas season of 1974 and looking up the street:

6f05f1cb69d002f95aa03a8dd4ae9bdd.jpg

...having recently seen the crumbling of the landmark building -                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

7b56c6181d94ef76366742dccc23cccf.jpg           

Happy Holidays, Peebs, and I hope your Christmas season is trimmed with the innocence of yesteryear

3116f9f5d9afdc22f1e0d8b099096962.jpg                                                               

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NoShear said:

Happy Holidays, Peebs, and I hope your Christmas season is trimmed with the innocence of yesteryear

Thanks, NS...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

From classic Hollywood, merry Christmas!: carole_and_co — LiveJournal

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, NoShear said:

For Peebs...

The Capitol Records semi-soundtrack to "A Hard Day's Night" was a rush-release response to the United Artists soundtrack proper: 

LTE1NTkuanBlZw.jpeg           

Thanks for giving me another "obscure" LP search project.  :)   One I don't have.  

And may both you and Peebs (and everyone else on the boards) have a very safe and Merry Christmas.   Not sure what forum(s) you'll all wind up on when this voyage ends, but I hope to find which one soon as I can.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Thanks for giving me another "obscure" LP search project.  :)   One I don't have.  

And may both you and Peebs (and everyone else on the boards) have a very safe and Merry Christmas.   Not sure what forum(s) you'll all wind up on when this voyage ends, but I hope to find which one soon as I can.  ;) 

Sepiatone

You're welcome, Sepiatone, and a "Happy Holidays!!" to you as well - although stay tuned for a couple more responses for you...

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Re: "Thanks for giving me another "obscure" LP search project.  :)   One I don't have. "

Speaking of the semi-soundtrack thrust of SOMETHING NEW SOMETHING NEW, its arguably most interesting track - "Komm, gib mir deine Hand" - later was cleverly used by Taika Waititi in JOJO RABBIT (2019), but I'm hesitant in celebrating this viewpoint given the sensitive subject inspiration, Sepiatone.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings