Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM App on iOS - using DirecTV - no longer working

Bjorn

TCM app on AppleTV and iPad no longer work with DirecTV. My account hasn't changed. I see a message now saying, "There was a problem accessing this content... Requested content is not included in your subscription." Again, subscription has not changed. Some of the troubleshooting steps have been:

• All apps and devices are up-to-date
  • Logged in/out of DirectTV on app
  • Tried both on/off "use my TV provider" for login, neither work.
  • Uninstalled/reinstalled the app...didn't fix.
  • Subscribed to 7 day free trial on YoutubeTV, and that works when I use that to login to the TCM app instead of DirecTV 
  • Logged in online to DirecTV and can stream movies there (though some titles are TV only...which I don't remember ever seeing before (could this be the issue?))

Anyone else seeing this?

Screenshot_20221126_060021.png

• Bjorn changed the title to TCM App on iOS - using DirecTV - no longer working

I subscribe to DirectTV and cannot use "Watch Movies" on TCM .  I get the same error as above, "There was a problem accessing this content...".    I signed out and signed back in,  reselected DirecTV as my Provider, and get a message that says "Congratulations.  You're now ready to watch on mobile, tablet or the web."  And then when I click on "Watch Movies", I get the same error -- "There was a problem accessing this content...".  This happened last year at this time.  It had to do with TCM resynching with DirecTV.  But now that the forums are going away, how are we supposed to troubleshoot problems like this?

Guest TCMModerator1

Hello

Unfortunately we do not provide support here on the TCM Forums. Here's a link to the TCM HELP CENTER. If you scroll down to the bottom there is a 'Contact Us' link you can use to submit a ticket to TCM Support. 

Hope this helps!

TCMModerator1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings