Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Next Three Days

yanceycravat

I am wondering if the very last post will occur late on 11/30. Or if posts will still be allowed early in the morning on 12/1 before the board is "turned off." Also what time zone will be first affected? Or will all time zones be affected together?

It will be interesting to see how it all ends...

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, yanceycravat said:

Like many I'm sure, I've been wondering the exact same thing. Eastern time midnight?  9pm Pacific? 

Curious to see how this all plays out myself.

Also who and what will be the last post!

I have been trying to figure out what my last post will be, and what thread it will be posted on.

My favorite thread is the ClassiCategories thread in Games & Trivia...so I have decided it will be there.

I think I will make my last post on the afternoon of Wednesday the 30th...because I don't want to wait too late, find out the board has now been shut down and I can't say goodbye properly.

Incidentally, there has never been a day since October 3, 2013 when I haven't posted on this message board. At one point in the summer of 2015 I was traveling and moving back to Arizona, and I thought that day in June would be a day when I wouldn't be able to post. But I had my laptop with me, and I checked into a hotel room (because I wasn't scheduled to get the keys to the condo till the following morning). And I managed to use wifi at the hotel and get two comments posted at 11:58 p.m. So I never broke my continuous posting 'streak.' LOL

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Incidentally, there has never been a day since October 3, 2013 when I haven't posted on this message board. At one point in the summer of 2015 I was traveling and moving back to Arizona, and I thought that day in June would be a day when I wouldn't be able to post. But I had my laptop with me, and I checked into a hotel room (because I wasn't scheduled to get the keys to the condo till the following morning). And I managed to use wifi at the hotel and get two comments posted at 11:58 p.m. So I never broke my continuous posting 'streak.' LOL

That is a truly amazing statistic!!!

I've gone weeks and weeks without posting until something catches my eye or I have to get something off my chest. Did anyone say, Wine Club?  Or is that "Whine Club"?

I'll be posting in the General Discussion as that's where I usually post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

I have been trying to figure out what my last post will be, and what thread it will be posted on.

My favorite thread is the ClassiCategories thread in Games & Trivia...so I have decided it will be there.

I think I will make my last post on the afternoon of Wednesday the 30th...because I don't want to wait too late, find out the board has now been shut down and I can't say goodbye properly.

Don’t worry. I’m sure browsing 24/7 you will manage to get it.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I am wondering if the very last post will occur late on 11/30. Or if posts will still be allowed early in the morning on 12/1 before the board is "turned off." Also what time zone will be first affected? Or will all time zones be affected together?

It will be interesting to see how it all ends...

I just wondered that on another post, not realizing you'd already asked the question. Death we can't predict but doom is another matter and I'd like to know too. I intend to stop by on Dec.1 to survey the wreckage and to read everyone's last posts. I don't have anything in mind for a final post, so I'll just say it here. Goodbye, my friends. Turns out all that corny stuff about sweet sorrow is actually true. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DougieB said:

I just wondered that on another post, not realizing you'd already asked the question. Death we can't predict but doom is another matter and I'd like to know too. I intend to stop by on Dec.1 to survey the wreckage and to read everyone's last posts. I don't have anything in mind for a final post, so I'll just say it here. Goodbye, my friends. Turns out all that corny stuff about sweet sorrow is actually true. 

Dougie,

Maybe you'll be able to join us from time to time:

https://classicfilmtvradio.freeforums.net/

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings