Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So long...for now!

Dargo

My reaction when I first heard the news was...

tumblr_mky44o3mbU1qifnq6o1_500.gif&ehk=r

NOOO! They can't DO this!!!

And then while thinking the whole thing over...

tenor.gif?itemid=11045303

...I came to the conclusion it could be far worse, and considering that I'll still be able to keep in touch with all the people who over the 11 years I've spent on these boards I've come to cherish and consider as friends and fellow colleagues.

And so...

tumblr_mhbd7uAhPq1qedb29o1_500.gif&ehk=X

See ya over at the SSO website and where we can continue on with all this frivolity, folks!

(...cheers!)

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

I categorically refuse to turn mushy over this but you have become a trusted source, a wonderful friend and a perfect straight man. My world will be a little duller, a little more drab if you do not migrate to SSO. I would be so miserable without you that it would be like having you near.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, SansFin said:

I categorically refuse to turn mushy over this but you have become a trusted source, a wonderful friend and a perfect straight man. My world will be a little duller, a little more drab if you do not migrate to SSO. I would be so miserable without you that it would be like having you near.

Right back at ya, Masha!

(...see?!...I'm already gettin' prepared for our little reunion over there!)  ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, laffite said:

Dargo, get thee thither SSO, post haste.  You can give it some much needed energy. Don''t forget your expertise and sense of  humor. That's an order!

Hey laffite! I've just attempted to follow your orders here and headed over to the SSO website in order to post my very first comment somewhere there. However while doing this, I ran into some guy with a questionable Italian accent telling me that he couldn't allow me to do this until I told him what the password was!

Now, he DID give me a hint that it was the name of a fish.

Any idea what it might be?

(...btw, the name "Mary" didn't work, and even though I told him that she drinks like one...a fish that is)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Hey laffite! I've just attempted to follow your orders here and headed over to the SSO website in order to post my very comment somewhere there. However while doing this, I ran into some guy with a questionable Italian accent telling me that he couldn't allow me to do this until I told him what the password was!

Now, he DID give me a hint that it was the name of a fish.

Any idea what it might be?

(...btw, the name "Mary" didn't work, and even though I told him that she drinks like one...a fish that is)

Wow, I'm trying to figure this out.  Am I supposed to understand what you're talking about?

🥴

I feel better now :lol: I am clearly not up to snuff with the Brothers Marx.

I am still not getting something.

What was in my post that made you think of that movie.  I know I am sounding terribly literal, I don't think the brain is working that well :lol:

16 minutes ago, laffite said:

I feel better now :lol: I am clearly not up to snuff with the Brothers Marx.

I am still not getting something.

What was in my post that made you think of that movie.  I know I am sounding terribly literal, I don't think the brain is working that well :lol:

I dunno. Perhaps the idea that one needed a password in order to get into an old speakeasy back in the day and also needs one today in order to get into a modern day website in order to post something?

(...yeah, that's probably it)

• Like 2

Just now, Dargo said:

I dunno. Perhaps the idea that one needed a password in order to get into an old speakeasy back in the day and also needs one today in order to get into a modern day website?

(...yeah, that's probably it)

Sorry, Dargo.  I am unhappy and tired right now..  I wasn't aware of the thematic significance of the Marx Bros.  So I missed everything.  My bad.  I hope you make it over there.  That place needs you.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dianedebuda said:

I'm scared.  I knew what Dargo was talking about.  Truly the beginning of the end. 😆

LOL

Diane, you LITERALLY made me do a Danny Thomas spittake all over my laptop's screen with the tea I was drinking as I read this! 

(...good job...love it...and hoping I see you again somewhere after the ax falls here tonight)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings