Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

B&W WB toons on TCM

ValentineXavier

TCM has shown just a very few black and white Warner Brothers cartoons from the 30s. Does anyone know if they have the whole catalog of these early B&W toons? They are very hard to find, few are on WB DVDs, but many are classics, like "Porky at the Crocadero," and lots of early Tex Avery. If TCM would do a nice marathon of them, I'd feel like I've died and gone to heaven!

TCM did a very nice Laurel and Hardy marathon a while back. If any TCM programmers read this... Please! Please!

Thanks, I hadn't checked the contents of the more recent DVD releases. I have all the Laserdisc boxed sets, which have ALL of their best color cartoons, IMO, but few B&W classics. But, as the Amazon description says, the WB DVD releases are a "scatter shot approach." They include a lot of more recent toons I have no interest in. Guess I should see if the prices drop low enough to make it worth buying a 4 disc set, if only 1/4 of the content interests me. That's why I wish TCM would show more of those early B&W toons...

When I say ALL the best color toons, well, they do omit a few with racist caricatures that I would like to have, in spite of that aspect. Most of those are available on VHS.

Edited by: ValentineXavier on Oct 27, 2009 2:35 AM