Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM: An Oasis!

Ascotrudgeracer

Hearing about rabid humanoids who murder innocent children, wars, sour economy, flu...what a relief and what a gift to always have *TCM* at the ready!

When I'm on our channel, even if it's something I don't care that much about, to me it's like swimming in a pool of delicious, warm oil (I use that line to much).

No commercials, no mayhem other than the scripted variety...Turner Classic is an oasis.

And Robert Osborne is not credited enough; he couldn't do anything more!

It's so true, especially the part about films we wouldn't necessarily expect to care about. How many time have all of us been caught up in something unexpected, and therefore all the more rewarding?

I'm trying to imagine what a pool party at your house must be like.

> {quote:title=DougieB wrote:}{quote} How many time have all of us been caught up in something unexpected, and therefore all the more rewarding?

While I love all the well known major classics on TCM, over the years I been very rewarded by the lesser known films that turns up. I always tell people not to be afraid to watch films they don't know with stars or directors they may not have heard of because many times they'll be in for a very pleasant surprise.

Thanks for trumpeting what I feel too! TCM is truly an oasis and one that I'm SO happy we have to enjoy!

Just last night, I came home to a wonderful B/W film from the 40's in *prime time*. DRAGONWYCK! Earlier in the week I was grooving to GOLD DIGGERS OF 1933 and last week it was Wheeler and Woolsey, and that's just the stuff in prime time! Right now, I'm grooving to Bela Lugosi and next Friday it's Karloff mania! Can't say enough about it!

I completely agree!!!

I discovered a film I never heard of on Friday morning before I left for work - "Within The Law" with Ruth Hussey who's one of my favorites. It was a good 'ole 'B" movie made in 1939. But there are always little gems to be found....and Robert Osborne is our wonderful guide. The best!!

TCM forever!!!

Baker: Yes, WITHIN THE LAW is an awesome flick, I have it saved to watch this weekend or later, can't wait, but so much to watch, TCM is really pouring it on with the great stuff! There aren't enough hours in the day to see all the good stuff!

Another I'm looking forward to watching that aired the same day is THE LAW IN HER HANDS with the two gorgeous dames: Glenda Farrell and Margaret Lindsay! Hotcha! :)