Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Documentation of schedule changes (before the fact)?

musicprof

Is there anywhere posted an ongoing compilation of all the upcoming known TCM program changes that will be altering the previously announced movie line-ups? As I like to plan out my viewing and/or recording schedule a couple of weeks in advance, I'm occasionally surprised when the film I'm expecting to see has been replaced (such as "Return From The Ashes" this past Wednesday evening).

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but my search turned up empty.

Thank you.

musicprof -

It is extremely rare for TCM to make changes to the schedule during the current month - but it can happen. Most often those are changes to salute a recently deceased film star.

But once in awhile TCM receives a digital print for a film that was scheduled that is "unusable" for one reason or another. (Poor quality, different runtime, etc.)

The "Now Playing" guide is sent to the printers quite early so it can be in error on occasion so it isn't "fool-proof" either.

Without knowing how long in advance you plan your viewing/recording, the best advice I can give you is to check the online schedule at the beginning of each month. It is the most accurate and up-to-date listing of what TCM is showing that month. (And it is updated throughout the month to include what shorts are going to be shown between films.)

The online schedule for October can be found here -

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/month/?cid=&oid=10/1/2009

And the online schedule for November can be found here -

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/month/?cid=&oid=11/1/2009

These webpages can also be found from the "Schedule" link in the banner above and selecting the "Print" option found on that page. Use that option every month and you should have far fewer disruptions to what you want to see.

Kyle In Hollywood

Many of use have gotten into that habit of checking the online schedule frequently. When a film is changed for any reason the schedule is updated. This is especially important if your looked at the schedule two or three months in advance. TCM is the only network I know of that releases their schedules so far ahead. They do it as a courtesy to us, but it's understood that it's a "work in progress" and as such is always subject to change.

Thank you for the response, Kyle. Yes, I certainly understand how things happen; and while I regularly anticipate and enjoy reading every new monthly online lineup (thru January currently), I make out my own listening schedule from the then-current online info no more than two weeks out. There has still been the occasional surprise even at that late date, which is why I posed the question. No big thang ;-)