Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun facts about your favorite stars

harold_narrowweb__300x3810.jpg

Fun facts about Harold Lloyd:

* His home, "GreenAcres" has 44 rooms, 26 bathrooms, 12 fountains, 12 gardens and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

* Lloyd's "Glasses character" was the inspiration for Superman's identity as Clark Kent. Like that character, Lloyd found that he could hide his identity simply by taking off the glasses.

* Was immortalized in "Futurama" (1999) episode S03E08: That's Lobstertainment. In this episode we find out that Dr. Zoidberg has an uncle who was a silent actor, Harold Zoid.

A7XTD00Z.jpg

Fun facts about Peter Ustinov:

* Birth name: Peter Alexander Freiherr von Ustinov

* Was fluent in French, German, English, Italian, Russian and Spanish and can pass in Turkish and Greek among others.

* He was known to proudly say "I have Russian, German, Spanish, Italian, French and Ethiopian blood in my veins."

> {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> Fun facts about Peter Ustinov:

> * Birth name: Peter Alexander Freiherr von Ustinov

> * Was fluent in French, German, English, Italian, Russian and Spanish and can pass in Turkish and Greek among others.

> * He was known to proudly say "I have Russian, German, Spanish, Italian, French and Ethiopian blood in my veins."

If he hadn't gone into acting, surely he could have gotten a job in the United Nations! Well, unless they thought his veins were too crowded...

> {quote:title=Ustinov48 wrote:}{quote}

> Thanks! I love this. This photo looks strangely familiar...LOL I do love Peter Ustinov! The best

> Hercule Poirot ever!

Well, maybe its because I only like Peter Ustinov, but I think David Suchet was the best Poirot ever!

He was so great in so many roles. I love to watch him work, his performances were pure joy. "The Sundowners" with Mitchum and Kerr, "Billy Budd" with Robert Ryan and Terence Stamp , "Logan's Run" as the old man with his cats in the ruined Senate, "Viva Max" remember the Alamo and "We're No Angels" with Bogie Always wondered why he pulled out of the "Pink Panther" and they gave the part to Peter Sellers? Which was a break for Sellers and the movie audiences , but still wondered about that....

lucy1.jpg

Fun facts about Lucille Ball:

* Birth name: Lucille D?sir?e Ball

* She was fired from working at an ice cream store because she kept forgetting to put bananas in banana splits.

* She put her Chesterfield cigarettes in a Philip Morris package to please her sponsor (of the "I Love Lucy"` show).

* For many years during their marriage, Lucy and Desi Arnaz hid the fact that she was six years older then him by splitting the difference in their ages. She (born in 1911) said she was born in 1914 and he (born in 1917) also said he was born in 1914.

<ahttp://i43.tinypic.com/345gbaf.jpg height=350>

Fun facts about Moira Shearer:

* Birth name: Moira Shearer King

* Her father, a civil engineer, moved the family to Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia), where she was pushed into dance lessons by her mother.

* Fred Astaire wanted Moira to play opposite him in *Royal Wedding* (1951) and Gene Kelly asked for her for his *Brigadoon* (1954) picture, but she turned them both down, much preferring the classical stage in those years. She went on to play Titania in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" in her Broadway debut and the title role in "Major Barbara".