Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[b]TCM PROGRAMMING CHALLENGE #14: [U]VOTING THREAD[/U].[/B]

Congratulations, Lynn! I'm not sure but that may be the greatest number of votes anyone has ever received in one Challenge. A veritable landslide.

I can hardly wait to see what you come up with in the next Challenge...which I guess will be in the new year.

Many, many congratulations to you, lzcutter. A great job! I look forward to participating in the next Challenge. I hope to see butterscotchgreer enter the Challenge (a wonderful start to a schedule).

I want to congratulate Cinemaven for doing a fantastic job running this Challenge. Take a bow right now. Bravo!

Congratulations Lynn! Well done! :)

I'm glad so many people voted. Also, I want to thank CineMaven for dong a great turn as host and thank all the challengers for providing first class schedules. I know TCM will be looking at these. This is a great community event!

Holy Cow! (Actually that's the cleaned up version),

A girl goes away for a few days and comes home to find out, she's a winner!

Thank you to all who made this possible. I was apprehensive about coming out of retirement (and may beat a hasty retreat back to it after the next Challenge), so please forgive me if I am a bit shocked by the results.

To all the other Challengers, you all had great schedules and I hope the programmers take note and mine those schedules for the gold within.

To MissMaven, congratulations on running such a successful Challenge. There are times that moderating a Challenge can be as much work as doing a schedule but you came through (despite all your trepidation) like a winner.

After I recover from the shock and spend some time with MrCutter, I'll don the moderating hat and start thinking about the 15th Challenge.

Again, thank y'all very, very much!

I'm a virgin to this programming challenge and have come shamefully late to the party. To say I am in awe with the breadth of imagination and film savvy from the participants is putting it mildly. Lynn, please accept my congratulations, a fantastic line-up, And everyone else, you just blow my mind. I have some ideas on a schedule fermenting in my brain, but it needs a lot of hard work to be able to even come up to par to what you all have been putting forth. Wow.

Congrats to lzcutter, first off. You did a great job and a well deserved land-slide victory :) Secondly, congrats to everyone who participated, we all did fantastic jobs, and I hope people realize how hard it is to make these schedules!

And congratulations to you, Cinemaven, for hosting a great challenge and doing a great job at it! It must not be easy to post all the messages you did and to tally up votes, but you were excellent.

(by the way, I watched The Letter yesterday, fantastic movie)

I hope all who participates in this challenge will try for it next time...

AudreyForever

Like Bronxgirl, I'm also a novice to this whole thing, and I'm also very much in awe of all the participants and the GREAT schedules you folks put together, wow!!!

Also would love to congratulate LZ for winning the contest! I'd love to see yours (and other participants) suggestions considered by the TCM PTB! That would be awesome!

Also, Cinemaven, I'd like to add my thanks for your hosting and organizing this! Thanks to all!

Congratulations, Lzcutter! A wonderful job.

And Ms. Maven, you ran a GREAT challenge this year! My deepest admiration for all your hard work. I certainly couldn't do it!

And to all the participants - you folks were FANTASTIC! A very classy group, I may say, who endured having their work perused and picked apart with grace and charm. Thanks for submitting your schedules and being such game lads and lasses....

We voters are the real winners, those of us who got to read and dream about all these wonderful scheds...

now TCM PROGRAMMER - it's your turn! Take note! There are some super ideas here that we would all like to see for real.

Lynn,

Congratulations. I just took a second look at your schedule. I like you included one of my favorite movies (Torrid Zone) and highlighted one of my favorite performers (Ann Sheridan) and I should be getting one of your movie picks tomorrow from Netflix (Hangover Square). Also, I gave my mom my Tyrone Power dvd box set a couple of months ago. Last Sunday, I wanted to watch Blood and Sand, but I would have had to drive three hours to see the thing. I like Tyrone Power, but not six hours driving. So, I think tcmprogrammer should schedule some of the Fox items you programmed.

Rusty

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> Casablanca, Chip...the voting polls closed at midnight (PST)Saturday/Sunday. I'll not be able to include your votes in the mix.

So sorry, CineMaven, I missed it this time. I didn't return from a weekend with girlfriends (writing our screenplays) till Sunday PM. I did like lzcutter listings the best, so I am happy she won.

Does the Programming thread change with each new challenge? Couldn't find it Friday morn, before I left for the weekend..

Thank you all for the wonderful kudos!

48 hours later I am still in shock but am warming up to it.

I think all the Challengers had very creative schedules and I wish we could have all won. But hopefully, TCMProgrammr will make that wish come true by using various ideas from each schedule in future programming.

The next Challenge will officially start in January so keep an eye out for the new thread. I hope everyone who participated in this Challenge will come back for another round. Also, I encourage those who sat this Challenge out to come on back for the next Challenge and any newbies wishing to give it a go, I hope you will jump in with both feet for the TCM Programming Challenge #15.

Coming soon (with a theme), after the holidays.

Stay tuned.

Congratulations to lzcutter for her win and her outstanding schedule! Thanks to everyone who voted, and a special thank you to everyone who voted for me. CineMaven, many thanks for an intriguing topic and for all your hard work in organizing the challenge and the voting.

For all of you who haven't tried the challenge yet, please consider entering next time. Here are some of the things I learned from this competition:

1. It will probably take more time than you expect. But that's all right because:

2. You'll learn a lot about the movies from making out your schedule. Browsing through the databases, you'll see all kinds of titles that will make you go, "Hm, I'd love to see that." The TCM database, Google, Wikipedia, and imdb have a wealth of information about films, including something you've never paid much attention to before--the running time of the film. Just writing down the year of the film makes you realize the sequence in which the original audience encountered a star or a director or a kind of story. Imdb has a birthday feature that can suggests additional tributes for the week you've chosen.

3. Once you begin putting together parts of your schedule, you'll see new connections between films.

4. You'll be able to share some of your enthusiasms and also list some of the films you'd like for TCM to show. It never hurts to ask!

5. You'll feel a closer connection with others who are learning more about classic films.

wow I missed the whole challenge. Sorry everyone--I normally would have participated and voted. This fall has been insane. I read all the schedules and I am so impressed. I couldn't have stood a chance against lzcutter's amazing schedule anyway. So mazeltov, lzcutter, and all of you on a job well done!

Archived