Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

looking for a memory

I clearly remember a cartoon I used to see on TV in the early 1960's that I believe was from the 1940's. A young boy and girl fall asleep and are haunted by ghosts singing "You talk too much, you talk too much, you never shut up, you talk too much...boo-oooo-oooo." I think there may have been a series of these with the boy and girl being used as behavioral anti-role-models. Anyone know this cartoon?

That sounds like an MGM cartoon to me, and I'm more knowledgeable about Fleischer Bros. and WB toons. If you don't get an answer here, ask on the board at The Big Cartoon Data Base, www.bcdb.com, and NO DOUBT :) someone there, probably several people, will give you the answer!

That's BOLD KING COLE, a Technicolor Van Beuren Rainbow Parade cartoon, released by RKO on May 29th, 1936, directed by Burt Gillett. It features Felix the Cat and Old King Cole. King Cole is a terrible blowhard who brags so much that the ghosts of his ancestors crawl out of the old family portraits and try to teach him a lesson. They sing the "You Talk Too Much" song. Felix routs them with lightning bolts! Try to find the "Cartoons that Time Forgot" video collections, this one is on there.

• 3 weeks later...