Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SOAP OPERA

Renee22

Ah, I become a watcher of The Young and the Restless when someone I worked for watched it religiously. She has passed and from time to time I check to see what is going on...so glad she didn't see Eric Braden leave that would have been to much for her...then I have to admit I dapple a little with The Bold and the Beautiful just have it on in the background...esp like Betty White in her role. I did watch the last episode of Guiding Light. I wish I could see Peyton Place the TV version with Mia Farrow and Ryan O'Neal. I also like a soap that was on PBS when I lived in NC- Eastenders boys was it good. I'll never forget when a man with a british accent came to a place I worked and I assaulted him with questions about Eastenders and he knew of it and answered my questions. St. Elsewhere now there's a soap opera like show. I had the hots for David Morse. Then Knots Landing which was an excellent night time soap. I esp. liked the quick turn over in the storyline or fast pace of the storyline.

I watch All My Children and One Life to Live.

I was raised on Soap operas as a child. My mom loved them. I remember watching Love of Life, where Christopher Reeve got his start. I also remember when Search for Tomorrow & Guiding Light shared the same half hour! Search For Tomorrow got the first 15 minutes & Guiding Light the last 15 minutes. My mom (and me when I was off from school) watched mostly CBS soaps but she did manage to squeaze in Another World & later on All My Children. Meg Ryan got her start on As the World Turns. We watched that one too! Some famous stars got their start in soaps.