Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

describe the scene game

cagney69

Thanks, Lavender.  I love this movie, too.  It's one of my favorite Tyrone Power movies.   I don't think that Son of Fury has been shown on TV in while.  I hope that either TCM or the Fox Movie channel will show it again soon.

==

Next:  As three men secretly watch through a window, a young woman reads a letter to herself.   She is shocked by what she reads and faints dead away.  The three men rush to her aid (sort of).   

Hint -- As the men are trying to help, the girl's mother walks in.  She is surprised to see 3 strange men in her house.  When she sees her daughter lying on the floor, she assumes that the men have harmed her daughter.  The men explain the situation to the mother and show her the letter that her daughter was reading. 

Edited to add -- The letter said that the girl's boyfriend had gotten engaged to someone else. 

Hint -- Attached to the home is a general store, which isn't making a lot of money.  One of the men offers to help out in the store.  He talks a customer into buying something that he doesn't need and he even gets them to him pay cash (most of the customers had been buying things on credit). 

The 'grandmotherly' figure does manage to grab the money bag, crashes out a window and 'borrows' a bicycle from a boy scout to make a getaway. They pedal into a building, crash into a rubber plant, then duck into a restroom...where 'granny' emerges as a man in a suit...with his little bag of cash.

Thanks, Shutoo.  It's too bad that The Lemon Drop Kid wasn't shown on TCM for the Christmas season.  Oh well....maybe next year. 

==

Next:  Even though he has received an eviction notice, a man refuses to leave his apartment.  When they try to force him to leave, he chains himself to his bed.

Thanks, Shutoo.  It's too bad that The Lemon Drop Kid wasn't shown on TCM for the Christmas season.  Oh well....maybe next year. 

==

Next:  Even though he has received an eviction notice, a man refuses to leave his apartment.  When they try to force him to leave, he chains himself to his bed.

It Happened On Fifth Avenue?