Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

describe the scene game

5 minutes ago, Thenryb said:

Ha. I finally found it myself but you beat me to it. I did not want the thread anyway;) I have never seen that movie. No wonder I was struggling to find the answer. It looks like one I want to see.

Resurrection is an excellent film. Haven't seen it in years but highly recommend. Excellent performances by Ellen Burstyn and Sam Shepard. It is shown on tv btw, watch it if you see it's on. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Resurrection is an excellent film. Haven't seen it in years but highly recommend. Excellent performances by Ellen Burstyn and Sam Shepard. It is shown on tv btw, watch it if you see it's on. 

It would be dumb luck for me to actually catch it if and when it shows. It is not on Xfinity on Demand. It seems to be available to stream only on Hulu which I do not have. I could buy it on Amazon but I do not want to own it. I have found a you tube upload which I am watching. It is a bad print but watchable.

2 hours ago, Terrence1 said:

Well, we finally got an answer.  And for anyone who has not seen it, it would be well worth checking out.  These two actresses are truly amazing in it.  Open thread.

It's been years since I've seen it..I remember she became a 'healer', though I didn't know it was controversial in the south..maybe I should give it a second look (lots of streams on terrarium)  Since I did get it right, I'm going to be pushy and take the thread  ;)

A young boy goes to a library every morning and climbs up to a seldom used section.  He just looks at art books, most featuring the work of Gaugin, every day, but he doesn't want to take them home.  He asks one librarian, who has taken an interest in him, if Gaugin was white or black.

23 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

As I recall, Richard Benjamin in Goodbye Columbus was a librarian and the young boy does look at Gaugin's works in books ??

lavenderblue19, you're a genius! I was sure this would require a second clue!

Your thread!

I have tried hard to recall and find this movie based on the descriptions you have provided but nothing I come up with fits all of the criteria. There is always something missing such as the number of women involved, the changing of a flat tire, so I am just going to wait for someone else to figure it out or for you to give a different sort of a clue. (I do not mean "the older man had gray hair" or "the jewelry given was diamonds", but more like why the three women were in a car and where were they going)

This sounds like a Kay Francis film where she's an 'aging' gold digger passing on her know-how to a younger woman Mildred Coles (had to look that one up!)..Play Girl..but I don't remember any other woman being involved, so I could be on the wrong path...

22 minutes ago, shutoo said:

This sounds like a Kay Francis film where she's an 'aging' gold digger passing on her know-how to a younger woman Mildred Coles (had to look that one up!)..Play Girl..but I don't remember any other woman being involved, so I could be on the wrong path...

That is one of the ones I looked at and rejected it because it did not appear to have three women who would likely have been together at some memorable time in the movie.

Shutoo you got it and Thenryb you are correct the 3rd woman was Kay's maid played by Margaret Hamilton. One of Kay's suckers is played by Nigel Bruce. The film is Play Girl. I'm an avid fan of Kay Francis so I love watching her films, this one is one of the better ones and it is shown every so often on TCM.

If you love Kay then I recommend this film. Good work and thanks Shutoo and thanks Thenryb for working on this one :):)

2 hours ago, shutoo said:

A couple stack crates to peek through a lawyer's window: inside a will is being read, and the veiled sister of the deceased states that she believes his death was not natural..but murder.

Murder at the Gallop- Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple, love this film

1 hour ago, shutoo said:

You guys are too good..!  I have a feeling Terrence1 and LavenderBlue posted the right answer at the same time...so...the two of you can arm wrestle over the thread...;)

They both give good and, for me, tough puzzles since I really suck at remembering movie titles.