Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

describe the scene game

Just now, MilesArcher said:

Is it "Grumpy Old Men"?

It is Grumpy Old Men. Love both this one and Grumpier Old Men. What a cast! In the sequel can you believe Sophia is 61 years old how great both she and Ann-Margaret looked. Both films are just a good time. Good work Miles, your thread :)

As a publicity gimmick and goodwill gesture, a band adopts a European orphan and brings her to the U.S.  They are all there to greet the child when her boat arrives, but they are all surprised to find that she is not a child.  She's an attractive young woman.

When a couple of truck drivers stop to ask the lover if he needs help, the lover panics as he makes his getaway in the supposedly dead man's car and, driving at a high speed, he crashes into a gasoline tank and is burned beyond recognition.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:02 PM, starliteyes said:

A wealthy industrialist is disappointed when his wife backs out of going on a business trip with him at the last moment, using dental problems as an excuse not to go.

I've been away for the last week attending my beautiful daughter's wedding, or I would have posted a response to this one.

IMPACT, starring Brian Donlevy ? This is such a good film. 

8 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I've been away for the last week attending my beautiful daughter's wedding, or I would have posted a response to this one.

IMPACT, starring Brian Donlevy ? This is such a good film. 

It is Impact, and I agree with you about its being such a good film.  I didn't know anything about it until I came across it, already in progress, late one night on Cinemoi and it pulled me right in.  Now I have it on dvd as part of a film noir collection.

And now the thread is yours, lavender.

4 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

It finally dawned on me somewhat earlier today when I wasn't on the boards as to what this film might be and your latest hint fits in with my conclusion.  Is it West Point Story?

Yes, West Point Story. Love this film and great cast starring Jimmy Cagney, Doris Day, Virginia Mayo, Gordon MacRae, Gene Nelson. The song and dance routines are all fantastic. I have a copy of the tape but I always try to watch this fun film whenever TCM shows it. You're up Star ;) :)