Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cagney69

describe the scene game

On 3/13/2019 at 4:21 PM, Arturo said:

Thank you Lavenderblue.

A woman has to decide if she should continue to date a married man.  She is a single career girl and lives in NYC.  A relative stranger notices her dilemma and asks her about it.

Arturo, time for a new clue, thanks

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Arturo, time for a new clue, thanks

Sorry Lav. 

The stranger gives her some motherly advice about her situation, but she decides not to heed the advice.  However, the older woman eventually convinces her of this.

On 3/19/2019 at 4:13 PM, Arturo said:

Sorry Lav. 

The stranger gives her some motherly advice about her situation, but she decides not to heed the advice.  However, the older woman eventually convinces her of this.

Arturo, pls check page 2 there are a few that need clues

The older woman found out about the other's plight when they accidently took each other's handbag.  She found a letter about the situation, and spoke up when they exchanged purses.

On 3/19/2019 at 4:13 PM, Arturo said:

Sorry Lav. 

Another very cute film that I haven't seen in a long time and really like a lot,                                 The Model and The Marriage Broker Thelma Ritter and Jeanne Crain ???

2 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Another very cute film that I haven't seen in a long time and really like a lot,                                 The Model and The Marriage Broker Thelma Ritter and Jeanne Crain ???

The always amazing Lavenderblue does it again.  You're right also about it being a cute movie.   Not sure if it ever plays on TCM, and I'm not sure if FMC has pla yes it recently.  Now I have to look for my DVD to see it 

Your turn Lav.

Thanks for the compliment Arturo, I have a tape of this film but I'm always on the look-out to see if it's being shown. Anything Thelma Ritter is in is a worthwhile watch and it's a cute film anyway :)

next

A man hears a noise in his yard, he goes outside to find out what the noise is and is shot and killed.

The man who killed him is found not guilty at the inquest, but the wife of the man who's been killed thinks it may not have been an accidental shooting.

She tells him she's pregnant, he says they have to leave town because it will look like they had an affair while the husband was alive ( obviously they did)

Another scene before they marry and while the husband is still alive, when she leaves the room he finds the husband's will in a drawer and reads it.

Another scene- but that's going to be about it

She realizes he's been lying, after the baby is delivered she gives the baby to the dr and he makes a fast getaway to get away from the husband.

I can't believe no one has seen this film, it's shown on TCM and will be again soon. The cop did kill her husband and got away with it. that's the last clue. Please read all the clues

9 hours ago, BagelOnAPlateOfOnionRolls said:

It's The Prowler.

Finally, The Prowler. Years ago we all decided that 7-10 days was the limit for letting a question hang around, but I let this one go on longer because I figured someone must know the film. Van Heflin was the lead, he won a best Supporting Actor Oscar for Johnny Eager. Evelyn Keyes plays the wife. 
Relieved someone finally recognized the film. It's a really good noir, TCM will show The Prowler May 21, hope some can watch it then. Thanks Bagel, your thread