Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cagney69

describe the scene game

Thanks, Bagel.  That's a fun movie.  I'm glad you thought of it.  OK, let's try this one:

A young wife takes advantage of her husband being away, and she invites two co-workers over and they up getting stoned.

Starlit, you got it!  A very funny scene, and the whole movie is such a delight.  I understand that there are plans for a sequel with the same three leads.  Wouldn't that be fun?  All right,  it's all yours.

19 minutes ago, Terrence1 said:

Starlit, you got it!  A very funny scene, and the whole movie is such a delight.  I understand that there are plans for a sequel with the same three leads.  Wouldn't that be fun?  All right,  it's all yours.

I actually hesitated before answering it, Terrence, because I didn't remember any of the women being married.  I had a feeling that 9 to 5 was the movie you had in mind, though.  

Next:

A woman in bed calls out to her husband and asks him what he’s doing in the bathroom.  He tells her he’s brushing his teeth and makes some appropriate noises.  However, he’s actually having a little drink before going to bed.  His wife can’t understand why he’s always brushing his teeth.

Starlit, this sounds so familiar, but I'm going to have to think about  this one a bit.  By the way, in "Nine to Five", Dolly was married, Jane was going through a divorce, and Lily was a widow.

Now, back to this game.

• Like 1

A burglar enters the house via a basement window and runs into another burglar.  It turns out that they know each other.  They discover a keg of homemade applejack and proceed to drink and reminisce.

The wife hears singing and, thinking that the radio is on, she gets out of bed to turn it off.  She then discovers that the voices are coming from the cellar.  She awakens her husband to tell him that there are burglars singing in the cellar.

20 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

That's "Man On The Flying Trapeze" with W.C. Fields as the husband.

Of course it is!  'Very funny movie.

And now it's your turn, Miles.

A drunken man gets into a fight with a wealthy man.  The two are hauled off to the police station.  The wealthy man makes bail and leaves.  The drunken man doesn't have bail money, so he asks to use the telephone to call someone for help.   The desk sergeant says "Sure, the phone's right over there.  You do know how to use one, don't you?"  The drunken man replies "Use one?  Hey I invented the thing!"

7 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

A drunken man gets into a fight with a wealthy man.  The two are hauled off to the police station.  The wealthy man makes bail and leaves.  The drunken man doesn't have bail money, so he asks to use the telephone to call someone for help.   The desk sergeant says "Sure, the phone's right over there.  You do know how to use one, don't you?"  The drunken man replies "Use one?  Hey I invented the thing!"

Something To Shout About? - Don Ameche says that, it's a funny reference to his role as Alexander Graham Bell ??

• Like 1

The man she tries to seduce turns her down and explains that the man she loves had to leave to see the other woman because the other woman lead him to believe that she was in terrible trouble

The other woman he has gone to see has married someone else and she wants out of the marriage. He realizes that she's a liar and wants nothing to do with her.

I can't believe no one knows this film! Please read all the clues.

After the first few minutes in the beginning of the film, the lead is on a ship leaving the USA, at the end of the film she's come back, gets off the ship in the USA.

I know some of you know this film. it's a 1960's romantic soaper. We've mentioned the hit song that was in the film in the movie song thread more than once. Read all the clues and you'll know the film!

8 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I know some of you know this film. it's a 1960's romantic soaper. We've mentioned the hit song that was in the film in the movie song thread more than once. Read all the clues and you'll know the film!

On 5/18/2019 at 12:34 PM, lavenderblue19 said:

The 2 leads were married for a short time in real life

I really didn't know what the movie was before. This was one of those movies that I never saw all the way through. LOL

But with those two Clues, it's obviously "Rome Adventure" starring Troy Donahue and Suzanne Pleshette,

featuring that big hit "Al Di La".

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

I really didn't know what the movie was before. This was one of those movies that I never saw all the way through. LOL

But with those two Clues, it's obviously "Rome Adventure" starring Troy Donahue and Suzanne Pleshette,

featuring that big hit "Al Di La".

Finally, obviously Rome Adventure, I thought this one would go down after the first clue! the cast also included Rossano Brazzi, Angie Dickinson and Constance Ford. Delmer Davies directed. Just for the scenery alone you should watch it all the way thru next time it's shown. You're up Princess :)

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Finally, obviously Rome Adventure, I thought this one would go down after the first clue! the cast also included Rossano Brazzi, Angie Dickinson and Constance Ford. Delmer Davies directed. Just for the scenery alone you should watch it all the way thru next time it's shown. You're up Princess :)

I went to Rome when I was studying French in Paris as a college student.

But I can imagine I would have been thrilled, and knocked out, to have been able to have seen this movie in the early 60s when the furthest from home I had ever been was Chicago.

But I do plan to look up Etruscan Art one of these days. LOL

I shall return.