Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cagney69

describe the scene game

59 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The Story of Esther Costello I was just thinking about this one a week ago

My dear woman, you have seen more movies than I have ever seen!

I just saw this one for the first time yesterday.

Lav, it's all yours.....

Thanks Princess, I've seen the film 3 or 4 times over the years. TCM does show the film every once in awhile. Rosanno Brazzi's character was such a sleaze.

next

A woman who is in love with a man who is very ill, kills another woman because she was about to rob and kill him.

14 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Thanks Princess, I've seen the film 3 or 4 times over the years. TCM does show the film every once in awhile. Rosanno Brazzi's character was such a sleaze.

next

A woman who is in love with a man who is very ill, kills another woman because she was about to rob and kill him.

FOREVER AMBER?  Linda Darnell kills Margaret Wycherly, supposedly a nurse caring for an afflicted Cornel Wilde during the London Plague.  Darnell wakes up to find Wycherly trying to strangle him to steal his gold pocket watch?

15 minutes ago, Arturo said:

FOREVER AMBER?  Linda Darnell kills Margaret Wycherly, supposedly a nurse caring for an afflicted Cornel Wilde during the London Plague.  Darnell wakes up to find Wycherly trying to strangle him to steal his gold pocket watch?

I knew you'd get this one Arturo. Of course it's Forever Amber, Linda saving her beloved Cornel from evil Margaret Wycherly. You're up Arturo :)

Thank you Lav.

A man investigating possible criminal activity meets a woman to which he is attracted.

She lives in the vicinity of where the clues are leading the investigator.

The culprit is friends with the woman, and the investigator even meets him.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:11 PM, Arturo said:

The culprit is friends with the woman, and the investigator even meets him.

Probably not, but the clues make me think of Laura?

On 6/15/2019 at 7:14 AM, lavenderblue19 said:

Probably not, but the clues make me think of Laura?

This is not LAURA.  It is more of a comedy romance than a noir.  The male star was borrowed for this film, the female star had a multi-pic deal with the studio.  The culprit also worked frequently at this studio, and had won best supporting actor a few years earlier in another film done at this lot.

On 6/16/2019 at 12:42 PM, Arturo said:

This is not LAURA.  It is more of a comedy romance than a noir.  The male star was borrowed for this film, the female star had a multi-pic deal with the studio.  The culprit also worked frequently at this studio, and had won best supporting actor a few years earlier in another film done at this lot.

Arturo, it's been awhile, please add a clue and also in The Name Game and Musicals on Tap these were on page 2- thanks

The culprit slips by more than once, but realizes he might be caught, and curbs his spree and gets rid of evidence.

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Arturo, it's been awhile, please add a clue and also in The Name Game and Musicals on Tap these were on page 2- thanks

Thanks Lav.  I was on vaca recently, and came on here only occasionally.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:14 PM, Arturo said:

Thanks Lav.  I was on vaca recently, and came on here only occasionally.

Arturo please add a clue or give the answer, thanks

The investigator initially met the woman since the culprit inadvertently implicated her; she was cleared of wrongdoing 

Some of the investigator’s colleagues help in staking out the area.  The culprit slips under their noses more than one time.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:38 AM, Arturo said:

Some of the investigator’s colleagues help in staking out the area.  The culprit slips under their noses more than one time.

I'm sure you forgot about this one but it was started on May 23 and the thread has been tied up for too long. Please give us the answer and open the thread. Thanks

The film is 20th Century-Fox’ MR. 880 from 1950.  It starred Burt Lancasteras an FBI investigator trying to find a small time counterfeiter who had been around a long while.  Edmund Gwenn pases bogus One Dollar bills in a fairly consistent pattern, and accidentally implicates friend and neighbor Dorothy McGuire when he puts 2 bills in her purse as change.  She is followed by the FBI, and cleared by them.  This starts a romance between her and Lancaster.

Open Thread.

Since there are no takers, I will go again.

This film stars this studio’s then top female star, along with a rising leading man there, as well as a male star borrowed for this film.

A woman with a dockside tavern meets an inventor.

Little Old New York?  It starred Alice Faye, Fox's top female star at the time, Richard Greene, rising leading man, and Fred MacMurray, borrowed from Paramount.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:29 AM, starliteyes said:

Little Old New York?  It starred Alice Faye, Fox's top female star at the time, Richard Greene, rising leading man, and Fred MacMurray, borrowed from Paramount.

Arturo, is this correct?

20 hours ago, starliteyes said:

Arturo, is this correct?

Correct on all counts. Starliteyes.  Amazing! 

The inventor Richard Greene played was Robert Fulton, on the cusp of inventing the steamboat.  As with many Fox films in that late 30s/early 40s, the script was done with the idea of making it with Tyrone Power and Don Ameche along with Alice Faye, after their blockbuster hits IN OLD CHICAGO and ALEXANDER’S RAGTIME BAND.

Your turn.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, starliteyes said:

A woman mistakes her mother-in-law, who she has never met, for a cook from an employment agency.

1 hour ago, starliteyes said:

A woman mistakes her mother-in-law, who she has never met, for a cook from an employment agency.

The Mating Game - Thelma Ritter, Gene Tierney, Miriam Hopkins, John Lund. Such a cute movie.