Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

describe the scene game


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The Story of Esther Costello I was just thinking about this one a week ago

 My dear woman, you have seen more movies than I have ever seen!

I just saw this one for the first time yesterday.

Lav, it's all yours.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Princess, I've seen the film 3 or 4 times over the years. TCM does show the film every once in awhile. Rosanno Brazzi's character was such a sleaze.

next

A woman who is in love with a man who is very ill, kills another woman because she was about to rob and kill him.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Thanks Princess, I've seen the film 3 or 4 times over the years. TCM does show the film every once in awhile. Rosanno Brazzi's character was such a sleaze.

next

A woman who is in love with a man who is very ill, kills another woman because she was about to rob and kill him.

 

FOREVER AMBER?  Linda Darnell kills Margaret Wycherly, supposedly a nurse caring for an afflicted Cornel Wilde during the London Plague.  Darnell wakes up to find Wycherly trying to strangle him to steal his gold pocket watch?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Arturo said:

FOREVER AMBER?  Linda Darnell kills Margaret Wycherly, supposedly a nurse caring for an afflicted Cornel Wilde during the London Plague.  Darnell wakes up to find Wycherly trying to strangle him to steal his gold pocket watch?

I knew you'd get this one Arturo. Of course it's Forever Amber, Linda saving her beloved Cornel from evil Margaret Wycherly. You're up Arturo :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 7:14 AM, lavenderblue19 said:

Probably not, but the clues make me think of Laura?

This is not LAURA.  It is more of a comedy romance than a noir.  The male star was borrowed for this film, the female star had a multi-pic deal with the studio.  The culprit also worked frequently at this studio, and had won best supporting actor a few years earlier in another film done at this lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 12:42 PM, Arturo said:

This is not LAURA.  It is more of a comedy romance than a noir.  The male star was borrowed for this film, the female star had a multi-pic deal with the studio.  The culprit also worked frequently at this studio, and had won best supporting actor a few years earlier in another film done at this lot.

Arturo, it's been awhile, please add a clue and also in The Name Game and Musicals on Tap these were on page 2- thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Arturo, it's been awhile, please add a clue and also in The Name Game and Musicals on Tap these were on page 2- thanks

Thanks Lav.  I was on vaca recently, and came on here only occasionally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 9:38 AM, Arturo said:

Some of the investigator’s colleagues help in staking out the area.  The culprit slips under their noses more than one time.

I'm sure you forgot about this one but it was started on May 23 and the thread has been tied up for too long. Please give us the answer and open the thread. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

The film is 20th Century-Fox’ MR. 880 from 1950.  It starred Burt Lancasteras an FBI investigator trying to find a small time counterfeiter who had been around a long while.  Edmund Gwenn pases bogus One Dollar bills in a fairly consistent pattern, and accidentally implicates friend and neighbor Dorothy McGuire when he puts 2 bills in her purse as change.  She is followed by the FBI, and cleared by them.  This starts a romance between her and Lancaster.

Open Thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since there are no takers, I will go again.

This film stars this studio’s then top female star, along with a rising leading man there, as well as a male star borrowed for this film.

A woman with a dockside tavern meets an inventor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, starliteyes said:

Arturo, is this correct?

Correct on all counts. Starliteyes.  Amazing! 

The inventor Richard Greene played was Robert Fulton, on the cusp of inventing the steamboat.  As with many Fox films in that late 30s/early 40s, the script was done with the idea of making it with Tyrone Power and Don Ameche along with Alice Faye, after their blockbuster hits IN OLD CHICAGO and ALEXANDER’S RAGTIME BAND.

Your turn.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starliteyes said:

A woman mistakes her mother-in-law, who she has never met, for a cook from an employment agency.

 

1 hour ago, starliteyes said:

A woman mistakes her mother-in-law, who she has never met, for a cook from an employment agency.

The Mating Game - Thelma Ritter, Gene Tierney, Miriam Hopkins, John Lund. Such a cute movie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...