Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cagney69

describe the scene game

24 minutes ago, Arturo said:

After tossing the hood from his office, the detective contacts a dealer of the type of item that he is trying to locate.  The dealer confirms that someone tried to sell him an item recently, but felt it was just a ploy for the dealer to authenticate it.

The Brasher Doubloon - George Montgomery as Philip Marlowe ??

3 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The Brasher Doubloon - George Montgomery as Philip Marlowe ??

Lavenderblue, you got it.  I was trying to be coy and not mention the missing item was a rare coin.  Great job as usual. 

Your thread.

When he gets back to his room he sees that it's wrapped in a newspaper from decades ago.

(it's not even a day ago that I posted the 1st clue and already pushed to almost bottom of page 2!) just too many threads going on!

He's broke, a friend takes him to a neighborhood place for lunch and they read the page of the newspaper from decades before that was used as a wrapping for the thing he found on the park bench

An older woman is very moved when he tells her she has beautiful eyes. She says that no one has complimented her eyes in many years. They become good friends and they have business dealings.

He decides to investigate what he's read in the old newspaper that was used for wrapping the item he's found. He speaks to an old woman who remembers the people who were mentioned in the newspaper.

Is it THE FAN, starring Jeanne Crain, Richard Greene, George Sanders and Madelyn Carroll?  Or some other version of Oscar Wilde’s LADY WINDEMERE’S DAN?

On 9/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, Arturo said:

Is it THE FAN, starring Jeanne Crain, Richard Greene, George Sanders and Madelyn Carroll?  Or some other version of Oscar Wilde’s LADY WINDEMERE’S DAN?

Sorry Arturo, a more famous film. This film did win 1 Oscar and based on a novella by a famous author

15 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Is it BERKELEY SQUARE?

Sorry, not the film. there is something in common with Berkeley Square, this film is also a fantasy.

9 minutes ago, Arturo said:

PORTRAIT OF JENNY, Starring Jennifer Jones and Joseph Cotton?

Whew! About time!!!! LOL  Yes, Portrait of Jennie. You're up, Arturo :D

Thank you Lav.

Funny, but when you mentioned the sepiatone and color scenes, my mind went to the tinted scene in this film, but I consciously thought about an early pre-three strip Technicolor talkie, and dismissed POJ from my mind.  Been awhile since I’ve seen the film in its entirety.

She goes as her nephew’s date to a military school ball, to help him out, but she is there to meet the bandleader.  He has her dress younger, to pass as a teenager.

Besides the bandleader, she meets the newest band member, who is debuting with the band at this gig.  They like each other, which raises the ire of the female singer, who has her eyes on the new member.

On 9/25/2019 at 2:37 PM, Arturo said:

Besides the bandleader, she meets the newest band member, who is debuting with the band at this gig.  They like each other, which raises the ire of the female singer, who has her eyes on the new member.

Arturo, found this as the last post on the bottom of page 2, time for another clue, thanks