Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

describe the scene game

24 minutes ago, Arturo said:

After tossing the hood from his office, the detective contacts a dealer of the type of item that he is trying to locate.  The dealer confirms that someone tried to sell him an item recently, but felt it was just a ploy for the dealer to authenticate it.

The Brasher Doubloon - George Montgomery as Philip Marlowe ??

3 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The Brasher Doubloon - George Montgomery as Philip Marlowe ??

Lavenderblue, you got it.  I was trying to be coy and not mention the missing item was a rare coin.  Great job as usual. 

Your thread.

On 9/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, Arturo said:

Is it THE FAN, starring Jeanne Crain, Richard Greene, George Sanders and Madelyn Carroll?  Or some other version of Oscar Wilde’s LADY WINDEMERE’S DAN?

Sorry Arturo, a more famous film. This film did win 1 Oscar and based on a novella by a famous author

Thank you Lav.

Funny, but when you mentioned the sepiatone and color scenes, my mind went to the tinted scene in this film, but I consciously thought about an early pre-three strip Technicolor talkie, and dismissed POJ from my mind.  Been awhile since I’ve seen the film in its entirety.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 2:37 PM, Arturo said:

Besides the bandleader, she meets the newest band member, who is debuting with the band at this gig.  They like each other, which raises the ire of the female singer, who has her eyes on the new member.

Arturo, found this as the last post on the bottom of page 2, time for another clue, thanks