Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cagney69

describe the scene game

A lawyer is given an ultimatum by his law firm - either stop defending mobsters or leave the law firm.  He chooses the latter.

Once satisfied that the lawyer is no longer in the picture, the ex-fiancee's new beau decides to end his relationship with his mistress.

The break-up does not go well and, later that night when the mistress is shot to death, the new beau is arrested for her murder.

The lawyer's ex-fiancee implores him to help her new beau and he agrees to go see him, even though he suspects that he is guilty.  However, before he has the chance, he receives a threatening phone call from someone who tells him to stay away from the case or his life will be in danger.  This convinces him that his ex-fiancee's beau is innocent and now he relishes taking on the case.

The lawyer calls a mobster for whom he recently secured an innocent verdict for a murder that he actually didn’t commit and asks him to get all the dirt he can on another crime figure who was the former boyfriend of the now deceased mistress.  The mobster happily agrees to do so and tells the lawyer to meet him later that evening at a nightclub.

The mobster wasn't able to find out anything, but he introduces the lawyer to another "gay nightclub hostess" who was a friend of the deceased, thinking she might be able to help him out.

The lawyer and the hostess hit it off and they go back to his place where she tells him she knows he wants to talk to her about her friend's murder, but she doesn't know how she can help him because she arrived at the party where her friend was murdered after it happened.   The lawyer tells her that she probably knows things that she doesn't even know that she knows and convinces her to stay there.

On 4/26/2020 at 6:07 PM, starliteyes said:

A lawyer is given an ultimatum by his law firm - either stop defending mobsters or leave the law firm.  He chooses the latter.

Penthouse ?  Warner Baxter and Myrna Loy

4 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Penthouse ?  Warner Baxter and Myrna Loy

Yes, that's the one!  I was about to give up describing scenes and give some hints instead, but you have spared me from that, thank goodness.  

Your thread, lav.

Thanks Star :)

next

A man's family is out for the evening, the doorbell rings, he opens the door and there is a woman  he hasn't seen in many years.

16 hours ago, starliteyes said:

There's Always Tomorrow?

That's the one Star. Love those Douglas Sirk films and Fred and Barbara together. Good work, your thread ma dere. :)

• Like 1

A man hears a child singing on the radio and is certain that it's his daughter.

Just now, lavenderblue19 said:

I think I know what film you're thinking of but let's see if we can get some other posters to answer.

I would think that this one wouldn't take too long.

14 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Could it be "The Poor Little Rich Girl" with Shirley Temple? 

Yes it could be, Miles, and I knew you would come through for me.  Looks as though you're up next.

Thanks, Starlit.  When it comes to Shirley Temple movies, we both seem to have similar memories.

Now, in a World War II movie, a sailor on a U.S. submarine attempts to rescue a downed Japanese flyer.  As he is pulling the flyer aboard the sub, the flyer pulls out a knife and stabs the sailor.  

You are correct, Desilufan.  Tom Tully played the sailor.  Good work.  Now you get to post the next one.