Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cagney69

describe the scene game

thanks..meant to check to see if you responded sooner oops. ok here's mine 

A man is giving a lecture on criminology and he gives an example story about a doctor who operates on a girl and falls in love with her mother. when his lover dies unexpectingly he blames his deceased lover's sister in law for her death and kills the sister in law in revenge. 

after the lecture  we the audience soon find out that the man is the doctor in the story as he meets up with the sister in law afterwards. he drives them to his deceased lover's old home where she had died. he plans to kill the sister in law in the same way his lover died (falling out of the second story window). he tells the sister in law that he's considering buying the house and wants to take a look at it in order to get rid of any suspicion she might have. Once at the house and entered he insists on going upstairs which they do so. They enter the deceased's lover's former bedroom and the doctor then reveals to the sister in law what his real intentions are. 

(I suck at describing things and i hope i'm doing this right)  

On 5/15/2020 at 1:14 AM, Desilufan said:

after the lecture  we the audience soon find out that the man is the doctor in the story as he meets up with the sister in law afterwards. he drives them to his deceased lover's old home where she had died. he plans to kill the sister in law in the same way his lover died (falling out of the second story window). he tells the sister in law that he's considering buying the house and wants to take a look at it in order to get rid of any suspicion she might have. Once at the house and entered he insists on going upstairs which they do so. They enter the deceased's lover's former bedroom and the doctor then reveals to the sister in law what his real intentions are. 

Time for a new clue, Thanks

On 5/15/2020 at 1:14 AM, Desilufan said:

Actually you did a very good job describing the plot. Maybe give a clue about the time frame of the film. what decade was the film made, or something about the actors in the film. 

Thanks i'll give a bit more of the plot and a non plot related clue too at the same time if that's allowed.. 

The doctor locks them in the room so that the sister in law can't leave. He starts walking towards her and as he does the sister in law tries to get the key from him. She gets the key but the doctor is quick to block the door. They do a bit of cat and mouse before the doctor finally gets her to the window and he strangles her until she dies. When the sister in law dies the key falls out of her hand which makes the doctor let go of her and she falls out of the window. The doctor finds something to unlock the door with then proceeds to leave. when he exits the house he picks up the deceased sister in law's body and puts her in his car then gets in himself and drives off. 

non-plot related clue: James Mason plays the doctor 

On 6/6/2020 at 7:54 PM, Desilufan said:

Thanks i'll give a bit more of the plot and a non plot related clue too at the same time if that's allowed.. 

The doctor locks them in the room so that the sister in law can't leave. He starts walking towards her and as he does the sister in law tries to get the key from him. She gets the key but the doctor is quick to block the door. They do a bit of cat and mouse before the doctor finally gets her to the window and he strangles her until she dies. When the sister in law dies the key falls out of her hand which makes the doctor let go of her and she falls out of the window. The doctor finds something to unlock the door with then proceeds to leave. when he exits the house he picks up the deceased sister in law's body and puts her in his car then gets in himself and drives off. 

non-plot related clue: James Mason plays the doctor 

The Upturned Glass

next

A father forbids his daughter to attend a farewell dance, she  lies to him making up an excuse that she's seeing and friend and goes to the dance.

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

Could it be "The Miracle Of Morgan's Creek"? 

It could and it is The Miracle of Morgan's Creek. I figured this one would go down quickly if anyone had seen this film. I don't think TCM shows this classic very often anymore,.Too bad, such and funny film with such a funny cast. Good work Miles, you're up next.

Thanks, Lav.  Now, two men who despise each other are part of a group that tries to pull off a bank robbery.  They are unsuccessful and they are chased by the police.  Although they are both running from the police, one of them is running from the other one.  They end up in a "White Heat" sort of setting, climbing up to the top of some very explosive fuel tanks. 

On 6/16/2020 at 12:46 AM, MilesArcher said:

Thanks, Lav.  Now, two men who despise each other are part of a group that tries to pull off a bank robbery.  They are unsuccessful and they are chased by the police.  Although they are both running from the police, one of them is running from the other one.  They end up in a "White Heat" sort of setting, climbing up to the top of some very explosive fuel tanks. 

I've been waiting for someone to answer this one but not so far so, sounds just like  Odds Against Tomorrow?

It is indeed "Odds Against Tomorrow".  When I posted the question, TCM had just shown this movie.  It starred Harry Belafonte, Robert Ryan, and Ed Begley.  It was filmed partially in New York along Riverside Drive and in Central Park.  The explosive climax was filmed in the town of Hudson, NY.  

Odds Against Tomorrow (1959) - IMDb

I figured someone would get it right away.  Luckily, I can always count on Lavender.  Nice job, Lav.  It's now your thread.

• Like 1

Thanks Miles  for the nice compliment :)

next

An actress who hasn't eaten all day and is exhausted from overwork faints while being interviewed.

It sounds like "My Six Loves" with Debbie Reynolds as the star, Eileen Heckart as her assistant, and Alice Ghostley as the housekeeper.

8 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

It sounds like "My Six Loves" with Debbie Reynolds as the star, Eileen Heckart as her assistant, and Alice Ghostley as the housekeeper.

That's the movie Miles. My Six Loves. yes starring Debbie, Eileen Heckart as her assistant  Alice Ghostley, as the housekeeper and also starred Cliff Robertson as the love interest and David Janssen as Debbie's manager. Good cast, very sweet film and I wish TCM would show this one. It's disappeared off the radar for a long time. Excellent Miles, thanks and your thread :)

Cavalry recruits are taught to ride "Roman Style", that is standing on two horses at once while racing around a track.  

On 7/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, MilesArcher said:

Cavalry recruits are taught to ride "Roman Style", that is standing on two horses at once while racing around a track.  

Ben Johnson and Harry Carey Jr. ride Roman style in Rio Grande