Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

describe the scene game

21 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Is it Son of Fury with Tyrone Power (1942)?    Also with Gene Tierney and George Sanders?

Yes, that's the film. The Story of Benjamin Blake Son of Fury. Tyrone, Gene Tierney, George Sanders, Frances Farmer, John Carradine, Great cast, love this film. Good work Chaya, your turn to describe a scene in a film.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

The young friend flees to Chicago (with a copy on his tail) and meets up with a man who, among other things, operates a merry-go-round or carousel.

Sounds like one of my favorite films, The Sting?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The younger sister looks for paperwork she  needs for a summer job, she finds paperwork about the older sister

This was driving me nuts...I remember the scenes,  but couldn't picture the actresses...then I had a 'light bulb' moment...Ann Blyth!  and the film is Our Very Own...haven't seen it in years...good choice, lavenderblue!

• Like 1
Just now, shutoo said:

This was driving me nuts...I remember the scenes,  but couldn't picture the actresses...then I had a 'light bulb' moment...Ann Blyth!  and the film is Our Very Own...haven't seen it in years...good choice, lavenderblue!

Thanks shutoo :)

Yes, it's Our Very Own. Such a good film about adoption. TCM hasn't shown this one in such a long time and a good cast Ann Blyth, Jane Wyatt, Farley Granger, Ann Dvorak, Natalie Wood, Joan Evans, MacDonald Carey  Great job shutoo, your thread.

• Like 1

She contemplates suicide on a bridge, but a disheveled fellow stops her and asks her to go to his home to talk.  He looks seedy, but actually he's very well educated and fairly wealthy; he's just 'dropped out' to bum around the world on cattle boats.