Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

describe the scene game

36 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

Green Dolphin Street?

Yes, Green Dolphin Street and it's a favorite of mine. When we were little girls, my sister and I use to watch the film together. on tv. We would pretend we were Lana and Donna. It was just on TCM yesterday. Good work, Star, your thread :)

• Thanks 1
On 1/29/2021 at 12:23 AM, jamesjazzguitar said:

A rich man  with a younger wife,  pays a criminal to do his dirty work,  not realizing his wife and the criminal have something going on.

This one was on page 3. We try to give clues everyday or every other day to keep the thread in play and not slip into oblivion.Time for a new clue.

• Thanks 1

First clue: A rich man  with a younger wife,  pays a criminal to do his dirty work,  not realizing his wife and the criminal have something going on.

Second clue:  the wife is played by an iconic noir actress known for femme fatale roles 

Third clue:   the criminal played a DA in a T.V. series

7 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

First clue: A rich man  with a younger wife,  pays a criminal to do his dirty work,  not realizing his wife and the criminal have something going on.

Second clue:  the wife is played by an iconic noir actress known for femme fatale roles 

Third clue:   the criminal played a DA in a T.V. series

Bump up with a new clue. 

16 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Could it be "City That Never Sleeps" with Edward Arnold as the rich man, Marie Windsor as his wife, and William Talman as the criminal? 

City That Never Sleeps is correct.

Now it's your turn.

A ranch hand, who has tamed a wild horse so that he can ride it, is out on the range one day with the horse when he suffers a fall.  He is too injured to climb back on the horse, so he uses his neckerchief to tie one arm to a stirrup and tells the horse to go home.  The horse then drags the man all the way back to the ranch.  

On 2/2/2021 at 1:11 AM, MilesArcher said:

A ranch hand, who has tamed a wild horse so that he can ride it, is out on the range one day with the horse when he suffers a fall.  He is too injured to climb back on the horse, so he uses his neckerchief to tie one arm to a stirrup and tells the horse to go home.  The horse then drags the man all the way back to the ranch.  

Smoky - Anne Baxter and Fred MacMurray

He's an entertainer also. Sometime later his act and the woman are performing at the same hotel. She is performing the same act and she convinces him to let her perform the routine so he agrees to let her do the routine because he's very attracted to her even though he and the others in the act already have costumes.

I think I saw this on "Saturday Night at the Movies"--and that was a long time ago. 😰

There's No Business Like Show Business--"Heat Wave"

The guy was Donald O'Connor. But you couldn't blame him because the girl was Marilyn Monroe.

11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I think I saw this on "Saturday Night at the Movies"--and that was a long time ago. 😰

There's No Business Like Show Business--"Heat Wave"

The guy was Donald O'Connor. But you couldn't blame him because the girl was Marilyn Monroe.

Correct Princess, There's No Business Like Show Business and  who could blame him, except Ethel Merman who played Donald's mother and she could blame him. She was not happy giving up the Heat Wave number to Marilyn in the film, LOL. Love this film, it's one of my go to films when I just want to relax and be entertained.

You're up next Princess.

• Thanks 1

An attractive young lady is on holiday with her father.

Although she is married, she falls in love with a rich Argentinian and vows to marry him.

Her father reminds her that she is indeed already married to a very rich older and well- established publisher.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:50 PM, Princess of Tap said:

1) An attractive young lady is on holiday with her father.

Although she is married, she falls in love with a rich Argentinian and vows to marry him.

Her father reminds her that she is indeed already married to a very rich older and well- established publisher.

2) Before the plot can proceed much further the actor playing her husband breaks in to tell the audience that she habitually has these lovestruck flights and he invites you to hear about a previous one.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2021 at 2:13 AM, Princess of Tap said:

2) Before the plot can proceed much further the actor playing her husband breaks in to tell the audience that she habitually has these lovestruck flights and he invites you to hear about a previous one.

Princess, found this on page 3. It's been a month.Time for clues