• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

describe the scene game

16 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Ronald Coleman starred in:

My Life with Caroline 

Thread open

Princess, sorry that we didn't recognize the film. It's a film I've always wanted to see, so thanks for thinking of the film. Don't know if TCM has ever shown this one I wish they would and I'll be looking out for it.

Princess wrote Thread Open

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

In another scene, a different family that's mentioned above  invites a couple over for dinner. The invited guest breaks a record that's playing on a phonograph that the host received as a special birthday gift.

15 hours ago, Fausterlitz said:

A man tries unsuccessfully to free his father from jail, but later rescues him from drowning. He then marries the daughter of his father's business rival.

Fausterlitz, A Letter To Three Wives Is correct. Please wait for a response from the poster even though you're sure of the answer. That's the way this thread has always been played. Some of the threads here need to have a yay or nay from the poster who posted the question before thre next question can be posted. Thanks and welcome to the bds

My apologies for the misunderstanding, I wasn't trying to answer.  I didn't realize this thread worked differently from some of the others, where I had gotten used to seeing starliteyes (who seems to always be correct!) immediately post a new challenge when giving her answer to the previous one.  Since she didn't do so, I mistakenly assumed that meant she was opening the floor to the next person to propose a new challenge.  Didn't realize her answer needed to be verified first (although that obviously makes sense).

Thanks for clarifying + for answering thoughtfully!  :-)

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Fausterlitz said:

A man tries unsuccessfully to free his father from jail, but later rescues him from drowning. He then marries the daughter of his father's business rival.

Fausterlitz, since you have already posted the above, it's all right with me if you want to go ahead and give us another hint.

Star, it's Fasterlitz's thread, of course they should continue to give clues. I've already posted their answer was correct. Fasterlitz, it's your thread to continue to give clues. Clues are given usually once a day if possible until the correct answer is guessed.

Thanks, lavenderblue19!  Sorry for the delay in responding.

Hints: 1) It's a (reasonably well-known) silent film from 1928.   2) The father is physically much larger than the son.  3) The jail itself ends up underwater.  4) The couple is married while still in the water.

46 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

You got it!  The thread is open...  :-)

Thanks Fausterlitzitz  but it doesn't work that way, the thread is not open, the poster who guesses correctly gets the thread and decides whether they want it or pass it to make it open.

Now, since I did the one before yours, I will pass the thread to give anyone else a chance to post one, the Thread is Open.

• Thanks 1

Fausterlitz, if you click on the first page of every thread, the OP explains how that thread is played. When it comes to threads like describe the movie, husband and wife, retro trivia and others whom ever guesses correctly gets to post the next question. You might want to read thru some of the threads to see past questions and responses to see how each is played. It won't take long for you to get the hang of it, I can already tell you'll be an excellent trivia player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Another hint:  It's a Disney movie that has been shown on TCM.

I never saw this movie but I went to Disney World once and I think it's "Swiss Family Robinson" but I'm not sure.

Anyway it looks like the exhibit in Orlando.