Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

describe the scene game

This has been bugging me for a few days now, but it finally came to me.  The movie is "Nightfall" with Aldo Ray and Anne Bancroft.  It was on TCM's Noir Alley and is a very suspenseful film.  If the clues had said that the man and his doctor friend had been camping, or that the bag with the money was buried in some snow, it might have come to  me sooner.   

Nightfall (1956 film) - Wikipedia   

The film  is Nightfall, Aldo Ray and Anne Bancroft and Brian Keuth.

Didn't want to make it  too obvious. I described the scenes in enough  detail and mentioned that he and his doctor friend who the thugs kill were on a trip and thought anyone who had seen the film would have recognized it, I was going to give one more clue tomorrow about that final scene and that I'm sure would have clinched it for you since it was about the snow and that tractor.iThe film has been shown a few times over the years on TCM. It's a very excellent noir, the photography is great. Glad you did remember the film and thanks for the photo, good work your thread Miles.

This next one should be familiar to many.

A man askes two other men to deliver some straw hats to the Susquehanna Hat Company on Bagel Street.  They don't know where Bagel Street is, so they decide to ask people on the street for directions.  As they ask each person, that person gets so infuriated that they violently shake one of the men and they each proceed to destroy one of the hats.   

• 3 weeks later...

It's been way too long since I posed the question and frankly I'm disappointed that no one got it.  Here is the scene from "In Society".

A few years ago I was at a fair and there was a vendor selling hats.  They called the company the Susquehanna Hat Company.  I asked if they got the idea from the Abbott and Costello routine and they answered yes.  The thread is open.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

It's been way too long since I posed the question and frankly I'm disappointed that no one got it.  Here is the scene from "In Society".

A few years ago I was at a fair and there was a vendor selling hats.  They called the company the Susquehanna Hat Company.  I asked if they got the idea from the Abbott and Costello routine and they answered yes.  The thread is open.

If I'd seen I'd have gotten it. 

On 9/18/2021 at 11:13 PM, LuckyDan said:

A man serves a late night snack to an unexpected guest and the two discuss how to deal with a problem the man is having, among other things 

Hint??

On 9/21/2021 at 12:27 AM, mr6666 said:

Hint??

A man serves a late night snack to an unexpected guest and the two discuss how to deal with a problem the man is having, among other things 

Hint: The man's problems involve his mother. The guest is a female who is running away from a problem of her own making, but she decides to return and face it.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:10 PM, mr6666 said:

-rancher & his son are in hospital ER due to nerve gas poisoning

after father finds out he's being lied to by 'doctors' & his son died 2 days before......

he goes on a revenge rampage

8 hours ago, starliteyes said:

Daisy Kenyon

Correct Star, Daisy Kenyon. It was just on TCM Sat night. It's now considered a great film, I've seen it a few times over the years and never thought it was that special. Joan Crawford, Dana Andrews and Henry Fonda. Good work, your thread.

• Thanks 1

Maurice Chevalier starring in Ernst Lubitsch's "Love Me Tonight".

22 hours ago, starliteyes said:

A Parisian tailor sets off to collect what is owed to him by an aristocratic client of his.

He's a tailor who meets and falls in love with Jeanette MacDonald.