Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

describe the scene game

4 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Is it "With Six You Get Eggroll" with Doris Day and Brian Keith?   It's a sort of mini-version of "Yours, Mine, and Ours" which was released the same year. 

With Six You Get Eggroll (1968) - IMDb

Yes,  With Six You Get Eggroll. TCM hasn't shown this Doris movie in a long time wish they would.  This one sort of makes the audience wonder did they or didn't they when Brian Keith goes back into the house with Doris before they get married. It was her last film. I like Yours, Mine and Ours better, but still enjoy this film. Good work Miles, your thread.

On 11/22/2021 at 12:56 AM, MilesArcher said:

Thanks, Lavender.  

Now, a woman, wanting to get on board a ship that has already sailed, hires a pilot to fly her to the ship, where she parachutes into the water, trusting that the ship's crew will rescue her.

Torchy Blaine in Panama?

Yes, that's correct, Lavender.  Jerry Siegel, who created the "Superman" comic books, modeled his female character Lois Lane after Torchy Blane.  Glenda Farrell played Torchy in most of the movies in the series, but actress Lola Lane played the part in "Torchy Blane In Panama".  Siegel just took the actress's name and changed the first name to avoid a lawsuit.  TCM has been running the Torchy Blane series on Saturday mornings for several weeks now.  

th?id=OIP.LIshqq2Zki3lFC0usTqvKwHaMF&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300 

You're up next, Lavender.

6 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The mother keeps up the pretense of the hired cook. Her son invites his mother to move in.

I started watching this movie last month and until I saw your question I forgot and all about it.

Now I want to go back and finish it.

It's "The Mating Season". The mother who can cook is Thelma Ritter. And her son, John Lund, is married to Gene Tierney.

5 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I started watching this movie last month and until I saw your question I forgot and all about it.

Now I want to go back and finish it.

It's "The Mating Season". The mother who can cook is Thelma Ritter. And her son, John Lund, is married to Gene Tierney.

The Mating Season is the film. Miriam Hopkins plays Gene Tierney's snooty mother. Cute film good cast and  always great to watch Thelma in  a film.

Hope you finish the film and  enjoy it. Good work, your thread Princess.

• Thanks 1