Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movieman, you won't leave me hanging about "That Touch of Mink" will you? :-( After the brief rambling that was done on that movie, I went out and ordered it from Barnes & Noble. Heck! My own review got me hyped to own the DVD. Yipes!

Any way, just asking is all...

I initially thought three days was good to start the next one but then I've been wrong before so I thought it better to move my little post somewhere else.

As far as "That Touch of Mink" goes it has been so long since I have seen it there is little for me to add so please ramble on. I do have a good friend that says it is one of her favorite Grant films.

*"Boy, that bronxgirl is something else. Holding down a job, watching movies, hanging with Mom, avoiding the laundromat....and still time to post 12,000 wonderful times with her friends! Some posts are even about me - what a girl!"*

youngcassidy_dreamy.jpg

What's this I hear? 12,000 post from the Queen of Boca??? Impressive...most impressive!!!!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S, B R O N X I E ! ! !

Hmmmmmm, let's break open a shrimp ouzi, shall we? meet me on the corner of 13th & 6th.

This is directed to Brrronxie.

Oh, Danke Schoen, Goddess! Curd's looking especially sexy-Teutonic there! Those cold yet curiously inviting sky-blue eyes are just calling my name. I want to sit with him at the foot of an Alpine mountain in some charming cafe and drink hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream. Then we'll visit Heidi, the grandfather, Peter, and the goats.

Analyze THAT.

P.S. Please see your Favorite Music thread.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Apr 17, 2010 4:24 AM

Jackie -- woof! THANK YOU so much! Is that Luke Plummer -- my sweetie Tom Tyler? He's looking deliciously stalwart. What is that from? Is he Captain America? I must say he fills out that outfit soooo finely....

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Apr 17, 2010 4:08 AM

cinemafan -- LOL!!! That is SO great, I love it -- Rod's "musings". What a hunka man, oh, mama! And he's got such great EYELASHES too!

Thank you!

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Apr 17, 2010 3:40 AM

Maven -- the one and only! THANK YOU. I am sorely tempted to fly up to

Gotham and take you up on that offer. Then we could walk to mid-town, stop into Macy's and say hello to Maureen O"Hara in Personnel. Afterwards, we'll all go to Serendipity and have their frozen hot chocolate.

Molo! Oh my goodness -- hahahahahahahahaaaaa! My hunky Georgie just can't stop thinking about The Woman From South Florida, can he??

My ridiculous effluvia torments his very soul, yet he cannot stay away....

Wait until he hears about THE OTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT.

Love it, love ya!

Bronxie,

Congrats on your latest 12,000 milestone! Three years ago when you joined us, did you have any idea that you would end up liking this place so much? We are all grateful you did because I can't imagine TCM City without you or Mom.

Congrats again! Hope Rod Taylor and Keith Larsen fight over giving you a congratulatory kiss!

Watching "THEY LIVE BY NIGHT." Enjoyable...young lovers running from the law. Farley Granger is such a puppy...and at times, Cathy O'Donnell is the hard, mature one with steely nerves, especially in the beginning of the movie. She becomes soft and sweetly sexy as the movie progresses. I'm sorry her career didn't really take off and she had to have a film that made it in Rich's Horror thread below. Cathy O'Donnell had a nice quality.

And Nicholas Ray.... :D He tells an engaging story with great camera angles about love on the run. Ray gives some nice screen time to the singer in a bar/restaurant Granger and O'Donnell go to.

Oh, and a good performance by this very interesting actress who betrays young love.

Edited by: CineMaven on Apr 17, 2010 11:41 PM... HELEN CRAIG is her name. She also appeared in "THE SNAKE PIT."

Helen Craig - I thought she looked familiar - wasn't she the strict nurse who was knocked down a peg or two by the end of *The Snake Pit?* The singer was credited as Marie Bryant. The song she sang - "Your Red Wagon" had very unusual lyrics.

17.jpg

Thanks for the foto, cinemafan. Her scene put to mind two other times (just off the top of my poin-

ted head) where directors had African-American cabaret singers 'somewhat' interact with the main

characters of a movie. I know there are others...but I'm thinking of "In A Lonely Place" and "Lover Come Back."

And yes...that's exactly who Helen Craig played. DeHavilland pegged her as being in love with

Dr. Leo Genn herself.