Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

name of old movie

There was a 5 O'clock move in the 1950's that had an alien/robot type figure. The ground would swirl open to scary music and it would implant something into the back of head or neck in people. I was wisked off to girl scouts in the middle of it and never saw the ending. I have been trying to find out the name of this movie for almost 50 years.

Thank you in advance.

That was INVADERS FROM MARS with Jimmy Hunt. It was made in color but a lot of stations used to run B&W prints in the 60's. In the mid-70's color prints were struck that included an extended scene in the observatory that was filmed almost a year after production had otherwise ceased.

I am looking for the name of a movie shown on TCM it's several socialite women, the main socialite keeps talking on the phone to her husband Stephen who is having an affair. You never see Stephen, and at the end of the movie they end up getting back together.

> {quote:title=RayFaiola wrote:}{quote}

> That was INVADERS FROM MARS with Jimmy Hunt. It was made in color but a lot of stations used to run B&W prints in the 60's. In the mid-70's color prints were struck that included an extended scene in the observatory that was filmed almost a year after production had otherwise ceased.

Those color prints were, and remain, pretty problematic. When the production company made their first print run in 1953, the laboratory producing the Supercinecolor release prints was sued by Techniciolor for violating its patents by using that firm's proprietary imbibibtion dye-transfer process for the yellow layer in those prints.

Technicolor prevailed and Supercinecolor labs were then forced to produce prints without that yellow layer, which reduced the film's tonal range. Most prints made since then, as well as the Image DVD, were not made from original elements, and have been missing the yellow. I don't know that anybody really knows, or remembers, what the director William Cameron Menzies intended the film to look like.