Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Richard Widmark

Just want to bump this thread back on top, Richard Widmark is on TCM tonight in one of his best performances, *Night And The City* . Maybe we can get some new talk about this great, somewhat underappreciated, actor.

• 5 months later...

Well, I'm going to bump this thread back up to the top again. There's been some serious Widmark talk on another thread. So I will try this. I want to see Richard Widmark get a Star Of The Month tribute sometime in the next year or so. I realize it may take sometime for TCM programming to get things lined up but it appears that the Fox films are getting more readily available so maybe it can all come together. Richard Widmark had a long and very productive film career and many people would say he is one of those underrated actors who sometime in his career could have gotten a couple of more Oscar nominations at the least. So we got a month (well deserved too) for Joel McCrea , how about one for Mr Widmark?

• 3 months later...

Today is the birthday of one of my very favorite actors, Richard Widmark . He would be turning 98 years young today!! Early Friday morning 430 am est TCM is airing *Night And The City* (part of a Thursday night Gene Tierney tribute). *Night And The City* is a top notch "Film Noir" and one of Mr Widmark's very best characterizations. For any one who has never seen it try to record it or just stay up a little later (or get up Friday morning a little earlier) :)

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Today December  26th, 2014, is the 100th birthday of one of my very favorite actors , Richard Widmark.  So what do we get from TCM, a bunch of movies from some "second rate actor" ,  Henry Fonda? ;)  Come on TCM schedulers, read up on a little movie history now.  At least you could have aired WARLOCK and MADIGAN ,  those films had both Widmark and Fonda.