Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cant think of the name

Hello, trying to get an answer to the name of a classic movie. I cannot give you actor names but can give description of the movie. The setting that i can remember clearly is there is a man and women hiding from guards in museum. They are trying to steal a gem that is protected by a security system that rings and bell and calls the chief when ever it goes off. The man and women hide in a closet in a hallway, and devise a plan to confuse the guards. The women acts like she is part of cleaning crew that comes in to clean the museum. This throws off the gaurds when the alarm sounds several times resulting in the guards to turn off the alarm so the gem can be stolen.

Any suggestions? I always thought the name was to catch a thief but the reading i have done does not describe this movie. Thanks

> {quote:title=jeffreylucas wrote:}{quote}

> Hello, trying to get an answer to the name of a classic movie. I cannot give you actor names but can give description of the movie. The setting that i can remember clearly is there is a man and women hiding from guards in museum. They are trying to steal a gem that is protected by a security system that rings and bell and calls the chief when ever it goes off.

It has nothing to do with gems. When she discovers that her art-forger father (Hugh Griffith) has sold one of his forgeries, the "Cellini Venus," to a prominent Paris museum, Nicole Bonnet (Audrey Hepburn) enlists reluctant tony burglar Simon Dermott (Peter O'Toole) to help her steal it before the museum can discover it's a counterfeit, which would result in an inevitable prosecution and conviction of Ncole's father.

JF, *SCULPT-DUGGERY?*

Groan. I hate you.

SOME folks will put spoiler alerts for TERRIBLE puns like this. But you?!! NOOOOO!

You let me spew my coffee all over the keyboard, screen, down my chin...

I really hate you for this, and I'm gonna gitcha back somehow. Someway.

Boy, just when I thought it was safe to wear my all-white-tux-with-tails at the keyboard again. Darn darn darn...

It's definitely not TOPKAPI. TOPKAPI, I think is the sine qua non of heist pictures, at once intriguing,hilariously funny, complicated, hair-raising, nail-biting, and entirely entertaining. Based on Eric Ambler's THE LIGHT OF DAY, the movie in no way resembles any other.A wonderful ensemble cast, headed by the inimitable Melina Mercouri, ably supported by the superb Peter Ustinov, along with Akim Tamirov, Maximilian Schell, and a group of lesser known Greek and Turkish actors,this film is in a class by itself. Wonderful photography, great music, what else could one ask for..

"Rififi" is considered one of the finest French film noirs ever produced anywhere. Jules Dassin < of "The Naked City' and "Brute Force" fame was black listed in the U.S. and moved to France to work.This was one of the first foreign films I remember seeing and being really impressed with. A heist film that has it all including a terrific jewelry store robbery.For his work on this film he won the Cannes Film Festival Best Director for 1955.If you get a chance do yourself a favor and watch it It is a masterpiece. It's out on the Criterion Collection....

fred-

I have tried to rent it over and over, but for some reason, when it came to the top of my list, it was unavailable. I would wait for it to show up, but I guess someone had it out both times and didn't return it in a timely fashion. This happened to me at least twice at Netflix.

I guess it's time I tried it again.