Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CelluloidKid

Reading New Book: In My Father's Shadow: A Daughter Remembers Orson Welles

*I just got a new bio for the holidays ... Great read!*

*In My Father's Shadow: A Daughter Remembers Orson Welles*

*_From Publishers Weekly_*

Feder, the daughter of Orson Welles and his first wife, Virginia, tells the story of her search for a relationship with her famous father as well as creating an independent identity through a childhood and adolescence influenced by a list of affectionate guardians and brilliant but dysfunctional grownups. The latter category included her own parents: the author was still a child when they separated and her father married Rita Hayworth; her mother, meanwhile, went on to her own second and third marriages. Feder found affection at times, but it was her years in Illinois with her father's former headmaster and the headmaster's wife that provided her first experience of domestic stability. Her peripatetic life resumed, however, while her father arrived irregularly for extended one-on-one visits that shaped his daughter's budding intellect, but left her hungry for a deeper, more permanent connection. Her story conveys a powerful, intimate sense of Welles's creative struggles and her own part in preserving his artistic legacy.

1292308_200.jpg

Picked up *In My Father's Shadow: A Daughter Remembers Orson Welles* over the holidays and am reading it now. So far a interesting and fascinating read.

The book mixes Christopher Welles Feder's globe trotting and famous encounters with down to earth events that show what not only grounded her, but also connects one with the author. At the center of the story is Chrissie's love for her father.

While I am half way through I recommend this book very much!

> {quote:title=cubswin1984 wrote:}{quote}

> You hate the guy???

>

> Did you ever meet him?

or Mao