Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Remembers-2009

I just caught this year's tribute on-line and was both sad and joyful. Yes these wonderful people are gone but the work they did will live on for us and those who come after. Thanks to film they leave a legacy like few can.

I really like being able to put a face to the names of the craftsmen whose work I so enjoy. And so many of them, as well as those marvelous character actors, are not considered important enough to report their passing in the papers. You give them the recognicion they derseve and thank you for it.

*Niiice ..........even a clip of Jennifer Jones!! Good Show TCM!*

*Good to see Farrah Fawcett ..but no Michael Jackson for _The Wiz_ (1978).*

*Also, TCM left out Ann Savage for _Detour_ (1945) a classic film noir. a classic film noir.*

*TCM Remembers 2009: A memorial to the actors and other film industry professionals who died in 2009*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yzAzp7yMHU

Number one: Anne Savage died in 2008.

Number two: M. Jackson was not an actor nor was he a movie producer in the traditional sense. So yes I would have included Fawcett over him in a tribute. At least she had a long acting career including over ten films.

Number three: Some have suggested in the past when Jackson had died that somehow he was worthy of some inclusion in a rememberance of sorts based on his acting experience. At the time I made the argument between Jackson and James Dean. Dean was in "only" three films, but man oh man, they were doozies, three important films from the 50's. Dean studied to become an actor. He had stage training, and had he not died tragically, may have gone on to a very rewarding career.

So why not Jackson?

He was NOT an actor in the traditional sense. He was an entertainer, but he was far from being an actor, especially when compared to someone like James Dean.