Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need name of movie. In last week of

In last week of Dec. 09 I watched an hour of a very good Movie. It was a B&W. I believe Ray Milan

was the father, and it sure resembled June Cleaver (Leave It To Beaver) playing the mother. I didn't

recognize the daughter, but the son was easily recognized. He was a big time 50s & 60s

teenaged Singer, and then Actor. He played "Moon Doggie", a Ca. surfer in a beach Movie

with Annette Funnicello.

The story was about this family of four traveling in a car, towing a vacation trailer, in Ca. when

Nuclear bombs were hitting all the major Cities. After buying survival goods in small towns, they

holed up in a deserted (or so they thought) campground in the Mountains. They buried 6 equal

parts of provisions in 6 diff. places outside the Cave they thought they could live in.

I didn't see the very begining, and had to leave at midnight, but upon returning, I caught only

part of the Title. It was something ending with something like " (begining?)of the World, Day One.

Can anyone help me? I would truly like to see the complete Movie, it was so good. I just joined

yesterday, and could not navigate around the site well enough to get any info. Perhaps someone

still has last Dec.'s listing of Movies, and can find it.

Any info would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Fudge-lover. (real candy fudge, that is).

Teen Singer you mention was Frankie Avalon who never played Moon Doggie just as Annette Funicello never played Gidget. But then after awhile I guess all beach/surfer movies look alike.

I can understand mixing Avalon up with James Darren.....but Annette and Sandra Dee?!!!!!

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> The mother who "resembled" June Cleaver was Jean Hagen, best known for SINGIN' IN THE RAIN and playing Danny Thomas' wife on his TV show.

Jean Hagen did her own singing in SITH and Debbie Reynolds did not.

*Jean Hagen did her own singing in SITH and Debbie Reynolds did not.*

Debbie did some of her own singing in *SITR*. I believe Debbie's voice can be heard in *Good Morning*.

Betty Noyes dubs Debbie in *Lucky Star* and *Would You*.

> {quote:title=lzcutter wrote:}{quote}

> *Jean Hagen did her own singing in SITH and Debbie Reynolds did not.* Debbie did some of her own singing in *SITR*. I believe Debbie's voice can be heard in *Good Morning*. Betty Noyes dubs Debbie in *Lucky Star* and *Would You*.

You do see the irony in this though