Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Unholy Wife" (1957)

I saw it for the first time today. I thought the movie was very poorly made, but Diana Dors was a very good actress.

Looks to me like they had only a couple of weeks to make this film, so they shot it almost like a stage play.

I think this movie is decent enough... but i am over the moon for Diana Dors and enjoy watching her the rare chances i get to. I wish more of her films were available to us here in the states. Holly, do you have any idea how i could access some of Dors work (The Long Haul, Yield To The Night, ...). Do I have to move to London to see this dynamic woman's film output??

> {quote:title=randyishere wrote:}{quote}

> Holly, do you have any idea how i could access some of Dors work (The Long Haul, Yield To The Night, ...). Do I have to move to London to see this dynamic woman's film output??

Have you checked if some of her movies might be available on DVD from the UK? ;)

> {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> > Looks to me like they had only a couple of weeks to make this film, so they shot it almost like a stage play.

>

> Possibly so; it wasn't helped in any event for a fuzzy-looking video transfer.

It was blurry like those free horror and sci-fi movies I find online.

The plot was okay, but the cast looked like they were on tranquilizers. I've never seen Steiger so mellow. Ms. Bondi was irritating. Ms. Dors looked great.

You're right, blurry is probably a better term than fuzzy. This is a movie that definitely doesn't "need blu-ray" unless they find a better video source, heh.

Guess it's also worth mentioning it must be among the very last movies made at RKO before it stopped production altogether - wasn't 1957 the last year they released movies?

> {quote:title=randyishere wrote:}{quote}

>Holly, do you have any idea how i could access some of Dors work (The Long Haul, Yield To The Night, ...). Do I have to move to London to see this dynamic woman's film output??

Has TCM aired The Long Haul before? There is an old GoodTimes VHS of it in LP speed.

I've never seen TCM air The Long Haul since i started getting TCM in January 2002. The only Dors movies i've ever seen on TCM are Unholy Wife, I Married A Woman, and Berserk. Maybe TCM will acquire more british films as time passes. And hopefully for me, more Dors films will be put forth on DVD. A guy can hope.